• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 1st Test at The Gabba

greg

International Debutant
Watching Ian Bell is just poetry in motion. Got to appreciate a really beautiful forward defensive shot though.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Well done to Bell.

Great over by McGrath - that catch would have been an absolute classic had Ponting held onto it.

R_D

International Debutant
Nnanden said:
Haha, hardly been great to watch. Credit to him for staying out there though.
For me it has... this way at least he's made sure game won't be over by end of the day. England might be able to drag it out to at least to last session tomorrow.
He's shown great determination against quality bowling lineup.. pretty good to watch. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
R_D said:
For me it has... this way at least he's made sure game won't be over by end of the day. England might be able to drag it out to at least to last session tomorrow.
He's shown great determination against quality bowling lineup.. pretty good to watch. :)
He`s played well and applied himself, and I appreciate that he`s trying to make a match of it. Just hasn`t been pretty to watch IMO.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
More Beach ball antics in the crowd, who roar the biggest cheer of the afternoon. No puncturing this time, but the ball's been taken into custody for further questioning about its loyalties.

:laugh: Touche.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Nnanden said:
More Beach ball antics in the crowd, who roar the biggest cheer of the afternoon. No puncturing this time, but the ball's been taken into custody for further questioning about its loyalties.

:laugh: Touche.
LOL

For someone who averages 20 with the bat (Giles), equal to that of Chris Read, he doesn't look particularly convincing at the crease in my opinion. Although as I type he's just played one through point so that average may be justified after all....

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Stuart Clark justifying his selection but a shame for England. Bell looked by far the best of the English batsmen and I had hoped he would at least be able to bat with the tail for another hour or so.

Matt79

Global Moderator
Soft dismissal by Bell after all his hard work. Nice ball by Clark and Ponting's good day as fielding captain continues.

Australia should make England follow on. Don't want to bat again, maybe get knocked over relatively cheaply as the pitch deteriorates and give any momentum back to England.

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
Matt79 said:
Soft dismissal by Bell after all his hard work. Nice ball by Clark and Ponting's good day as fielding captain continues.

Australia should make England follow on. Don't want to bat again, maybe get knocked over relatively cheaply as the pitch deteriorates and give any momentum back to England.
With a lead of 450 runs at the moment I highly doubt Australia will elect to bat again. I really can't see the point of winning by 500 runs on the last day; surely a better option would be to enforce the follow on and win by tea tomorrow by an innings and 150.

R_D

International Debutant
Nnanden said:
He`s played well and applied himself, and I appreciate that he`s trying to make a match of it. Just hasn`t been pretty to watch IMO.
hehehe fair enough
how come your reading cricinfo commentary .. shouldn't you be watching it on tv ? :p

Somerset

Cricketer Of The Year
R_D said:
hehehe fair enough
how come your reading cricinfo commentary .. shouldn't you be watching it on tv ? :p
Not sure of your coverage in your neck of the woods but if you don't have tv coverage, I would advise you to listen to ABC's online radio coverage on their website - surely far more entertaining then a written commentary.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
R_D said:
hehehe fair enough
Have my laptop and TV. Wanted to check the full scorecard and checked out the commentary. :)