Cricket Player Manager
Page 59 of 109 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast
Results 871 to 885 of 1624

Thread: ***Official*** 1st Test at The Gabba

  1. #871
    International Captain Slow Love™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,080
    Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    Considering what the ball is doing, and the fact Harmy needs to get into the swing of things, it is a good idea. Thats why I said he should put Harmy on.
    Yes, I found it interesting because it's an obvious decision made with Harmison's confidence level given priority when it's plausible that other bowlers who have bowled better might end this more quickly. My personal perspective is that getting Harmison up there and bowling like he can is a far better result than dropping him for somebody else, as I still think he has an important part to play this series.

    Bit of an interesting situation for Clarke, at 6/482. I doubt Ponting's likely to declare anytime soon, so I think the pressure is still very much on Clarke to make a good score or go not out, seeing as he may not get to bat again this test.
    "Youre known for having a liking for men who look like women."
    - Linda

    "FFS I'm sick and tired of having to see a bloke bend over to pick something up or lean over and see their arse crack. For christ's sake pull your pants up or buy some underpants you bogan because nobody want's to see it. And this is a boat building shed (well one of them) not a porn studio."
    - Craig

  2. #872
    Global Moderator Somerset's Avatar
    Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    9,863
    Quote Originally Posted by Slow Love™
    Yes, I found it interesting because it's an obvious decision made with Harmison's confidence level given priority when it's plausible that other bowlers who have bowled better might end this more quickly. My personal perspective is that getting Harmison up there and bowling like he can is a far better result than dropping him for somebody else, as I still think he has an important part to play this series.

    Bit of an interesting situation for Clarke, at 6/482. I doubt Ponting's likely to declare anytime soon, so I think the pressure is still very much on Clarke to make a good score or go not out, seeing as he may not get to bat again this test.
    I think Clarke will have confidence in Warne and Lee to stick around for a bit...well, ok, confidence in Lee to stick around for a bit. It certainly is important for him to record a decent score, as personally I think Australia looks more balanced with Shane Watson at six providing an extra bowling option as well as an equal batting role.

    Flintoff on now, good move imo. Chance immediately against Clarke with a caught and bowled....

  3. #873
    International Debutant chalky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hartlepool
    Posts
    2,496
    Flintoff slightly down on pace in that over not suprising considering it is his first proper bowl since June.

  4. #874
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    All out for 600 imo.
    Rest In Peace Craigos
    2003-2012


  5. #875
    Global Moderator Somerset's Avatar
    Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    9,863
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag
    All out for 600 imo.
    500 up now. If this pair and/or Lee can stay in until 45-30 minutes before close of play, 600 is a certainty in my view.

  6. #876
    International Debutant chalky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hartlepool
    Posts
    2,496
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag
    All out for 600 imo.
    If I was Australia I would be looking to declare about 1/2 hour after tea. Give yourself two shots at England with the new ball.

  7. #877
    Global Moderator Somerset's Avatar
    Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    9,863
    Quote Originally Posted by chalky
    If I was Australia I would be looking to declare about 1/2 hour after tea. Give yourself two shots at England with the new ball.
    Personally I doubt they will though. I get the impression Australia will look to make as many as possible and look to declare about an hour after tea.

    Although Warne has just gone to Harmison so that might change their approach.

  8. #878
    International Debutant chalky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hartlepool
    Posts
    2,496
    Picture freezes when Harmison gets a wicket perhaps the production crew couldn't believe it.

  9. #879
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Warne goneee. Harmison finally.

  10. #880
    International Captain Slow Love™'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,080
    Warne out to Harmison - pretty ordinary ball though. I know that Warney can look ungainly sometimes when he's having a good day, but he looked freakin' atrocious out there today.

  11. #881
    International Captain cameeel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    6,902
    I wonder if that gift of a wicket will make Harmison bowl a bit better.

    He's got to improve eventually, and he is impressive to watch when going well.
    Proud Member of the Melbourne Demons ,'97,'98,'99,'05-'13
    Supporter of Melbourne Demons FC, Aston Villa FC, and the Flyers

    "This tournament is a joke. Grass is for cows, I'm never coming back." - Marat Safin

  12. #882
    International Debutant chalky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hartlepool
    Posts
    2,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset
    Personally I doubt they will though. I get the impression Australia will look to make as many as possible and look to declare about an hour after tea.

    Although Warne has just gone to Harmison so that might change their approach.
    Seems a bit unnecessary for me I don't think they will look to enforce the follow on as it would be asking too much of their bowlers. Perhaps they are looking to grind England into the dust ala Border in 89.

  13. #883
    Global Moderator Somerset's Avatar
    Money Money Money Champion! Tournaments Won: 7
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    9,863
    Quote Originally Posted by chalky
    Seems a bit unnecessary for me I don't think they will look to enforce the follow on as it would be asking too much of their bowlers. Perhaps they are looking to grind England into the dust ala Border in 89.
    How demoralising would it be if Stuart Clark and Glen McGrath batted for an hour after tea though? I think that would inflict a fair bit of damage on the English.

    Harmison immediately looks better although wasn't helped by Freddie there!! More bouncers against Lee to come I imagine.

    Clarke on 49 and one short of a deserved fifty.

  14. #884
    International Debutant chalky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Hartlepool
    Posts
    2,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Somerset
    How demoralising would it be if Stuart Clark and Glen McGrath batted for an hour after tea though? I think that would inflict a fair bit of damage on the English.

    Harmison immediately looks better although wasn't helped by Freddie there!! More bouncers against Lee to come I imagine.

    Clarke on 49 and one short of a deserved fifty.
    I don't think England can get much more demorilised TBH. Though they will probably bat a bit longer than they should for the same reasons Border in 89.

  15. #885
    RTDAS pasag's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Looking for milksteak
    Posts
    31,678
    Clarke brings up his 50, not bad especially with the pressure.

Page 59 of 109 FirstFirst ... 949575859606169 ... LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. CW XI Test History
    By Mr Mxyzptlk in forum Statistics and Records
    Replies: 36
    Last Post: 29-11-2007, 06:34 AM
  2. Which Country Will Be The Next Test Nation?
    By albo97056 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 134
    Last Post: 01-08-2007, 12:36 AM
  3. Mahmood and Panesar power England to series glory
    By symonds_94 in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-08-2006, 11:11 AM
  4. England considering diplomatic snub!
    By Choora in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 85
    Last Post: 11-12-2005, 10:18 PM
  5. Go for 50 Tendulkar
    By Pratters in forum Cricket Chat
    Replies: 72
    Last Post: 16-12-2004, 10:16 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •