Page 52 of 109 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** 1st Test at The Gabba

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Langeveldt
    It could have been worse for England, they could have picked Mahmood and Giles...
    As I did say before the game - I don't think it was purely a case of Giles vs Panesar.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

International Coach PhoenixFire's Avatar
    Curveball Champion!
    Leave Harmison out fine, but who are you going to bring in? Mahmood? He just as crap.

Panesar was my suggestion...

Breakout Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixFire
    Leave Harmison out fine, but who are you going to bring in? Mahmood? He just as crap.
    Panesar. Jimmy and Hoggard can take the new ball.

Curveball Champion!
    In Adelaide and Sydney maybe, but going into a game with Hoggard, Flintoff and Anderson as your pace attack just wouldn't work imo.

Why play a 4th if they're going to be crap though?

Better to give Bell or Collingwood a go!

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    To the person who said Harmison got worse, then it is a load of ****. He actually bowled half decent in some of the spells, and bowled some crackers to Damien Martyn, which could have very easily got him out.
    Oh come off it. I watched and counted every single ball that he bowled to Martyn, and he beat the bat one time and one time only. Yes it was a fabulous ball, but if you watched the rest, they were all just let go by both Ponting and Martyn. In fact Harmison created more chances in his first couple of overs to Langer than he did for the rest of the game.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

No, but some people were making it out like England were completely outclassed in every department, and deserved the score. I beg to differ.
    because England bowled so well? Im fairly certain that even i would have bowled better than Harmison bowled all day. Harmisons bowling yesterday was amongst the worst ive seen from any international cricketer in over 14 years.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    because England bowled so well? Im fairly certain that even i would have bowled better than Harmison bowled all day. Harmisons bowling yesterday was amongst the worst ive seen from any international cricketer in over 14 years.
    And you live in Banglore? Thats hard to believe.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Curveball Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    Too far. He didn't bowl well, he bowled very poorly, but to say that it was the worst you have ever seen, suggests that you've been in an attic for 14 years, and this is the 1st match you've seen in 14 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodster
    Yes Langer rode his luck a little, but fortune favours the brave and he took it to the England attack, not allowing the bowlers any chance at all to settle into a rhythm. Anything full he drove, short he pulled or cut.It is an excellent batting surface and that gave him the confidence to play his shots, even if the ball wasn't quite there for it, he just played through the line. He was positive and I hope when we bat we show the same aggressive intent..
    I think the fact that on an excellent batting surface against some very poor bowling he was still only getting runs from mistimes shots, through airborne drives that went in between the fielders and between slip and gully just goes to show how poor he batted. A better captain, Vaughan or Hussain,yesterday would have had him out without getting into double figures.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodster
    One point about the England bowlers is, I thought we bowled far too many short balls, and I don't mean bouncers. We just seemed to feed them with half trackers that would not get up past the ribs. If we're going to bowl short, get it up round the throat, aim for the Aussie badge on the helmet even. Make it uncomfortable for the batters, its no secret Ponting is probably the best puller in the business, we need it up round his head to test him out more.
    it was just awful. there were too many balls that were on the pads, too many short balls that were only just above the waist, and too many half volleys. I mean Hoggard, if the ball isnt swinging you dont pitch the ball up, you're only going to get hammered.

Quote Originally Posted by silentstriker
    And you live in Banglore? Thats hard to believe.
    I dont live in Bangalore anymore. Further whatever place i live in has no relevance to which team i support

Curveball Champion!
    I'd rather they bowled half volleys than long hops. Any half decent batsman can put away a long hop pretty much anywhere they feel like. With a half volley, there is a much higher chance of edging or nicking it.

Too far. He didn't bowl well, he bowled very poorly, but to say that it was the worst you have ever seen, suggests that you've been in an attic for 14 years, and this is the 1st match you've seen in 14 years.
    So please, show me another bowler who bowled 2 balls down leg side in every over and then 2 balls far wide off the off stump in the same over for an entire day in the last 15 years. I was having an absolute laugh in the over to Martyn where he bat the bat once, and bowled 5 balls that werent even close to the stumps, and yet after that over all the England players went up to him and gave him a pat on the back.

I'd rather they bowled half volleys than long hops. Any half decent batsman can put away a long hop pretty much anywhere they feel like. With a half volley, there is a much higher chance of edging or nicking it.
    I think that comment is pretty much like saying, "i'd take Mahmood over Harmison". I mean whether or not half volleys are better than long hops is irrelevant. The point is that either way its poor bowling, just like being better than crap is not much of an accomplishment.

Thread Information