• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 1st Test at The Gabba

Craig

World Traveller
benchmark00 said:
Warnes favourite pitch.

With Watson improving with the ball, selectors shouldn't have a problem playing two spinners. I can see this as the only pitch where Hoggard will be effective.
Think he could like Perth.

Craig

World Traveller
GeraintIsMyHero said:
No Sky Sports makes Martyn a sad boy :@

Radio and Cricinfo for me
As long as you don't do what Homer Simpson did when he had no beer and cable TV and went mad and wrote it all over the walls.

Craig

World Traveller
Anyway if England win the tooss they should bat first.

Bowling first against Australia usually does not work.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
yes i think i am, seen every Brisbane test since the 98 Ashes, so unless BSKYB worked out some arrangement with channel 9 or something it should be 1:30 but we'll see.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Here is the scorecard from the last Brisbane Ashes test.

Australia's top 4 unlikely to change from that test and Gilchrist, Warne & McGrath will most definitely play (injury permitting). So that is 7 of the 11 still in the side.

Different story for England:

Trescothick & Hoggard to be about the only definite starters for England from the same match, with Giles a slim possibility.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
yes i think i am, seen every Brisbane test since the 98 Ashes, so unless BSKYB worked out some arrangement with channel 9 or something it should be 1:30 but we'll see.
ha ha seriously aussie, you must have missed the first hour and a half every time then, they all started at 10.00am local time which is midnight gmt.(check the scorecards for hours of play if you don't believe me)

Son Of Coco

howardj said:
Geez I'm looking forward to this match - the atmosphere; the characters; the cricket; the mates; the $6 hotdogs; the two days off work; the sun spots.

Just everythin'.

The start of summer.

Good times. Good times.
You forgot to mention 'the vibe'!

Son Of Coco

howardj said:
....knowing Hayden he probably sledged it, or did something to provoke the poor mutt.
I think it was a bulldog, and Matty saw something swinging that was red and appeared to have a seam on it. Unfortunately for him, he took a brilliant one-handed snare...and that's when the trouble started.

aussie tragic

International Captain
Some 1st Test milestones:

Ponting to go past 9000 runs (he needs 208)

Gilchrist to go past Marsh in No. of dismissals (he only needs 1 to make 356)

Warne to go past 3000 runs (he needs 42)

McGrath to get 550 wkts (he needs 8 wkts)

MacGill to get 200 wkts (if he plays, he needs 2 wkts)