• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 1st Test at The Gabba

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
In reverse order, Bracken`s bowling in First-Class matches at the SCG.

1/20 off 17
2/63 off 24

1/20 off 8
3/61 off 29

5/36 off 14.2
1/28 off 13

1/33 off 16
2/20 off 13

1/28 off 15
2/64 off 27.4

0/24 off 12
4/32 off 18

0/45 off 17
7/4 off 7

1/18 off 9
1/22 off 13

To be fair, not an amazing record. But definately not poor.

Murphy, btw, I don`t even have an arguement. Just a bunch of numbers and an unhealthy obsession.

Last edited:

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
benchmark00 said:
Johnsons form of late is superior to Brackens.
There's not much to sample to be honest, but going by their games in Malaysia, not really. Johnson bowled supremely in one game (albeit with helpful conditions, a night sky and after some nice juicy rain) but Bracken still consistently took wickets. The difference in averages is slight, but noticable. Johnson 6 @ 12.66 from two games whereas Bracken took 6 @ 15.33. The Champs Trophy could indeed prove me wrong (though match reports from warm up games suggest that Johnson's bowling has been rather innefective so far) but I don't really see how you could say his form has been superior, considering the few matches they've both played.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
benchmark00 said:
****, fair dinkum, most pointless stats. Johnson in the Pura Cup final took a 10 fa on a road at the GABBA. Isolated stats are meaningless.
To be fair, the Vics pretty much batted like ****, especially in the second innings. If they hadn't been fielding for the last 3 months they could've batted forever.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Been typing up a post for the last 19 minutes and lost it all.

Highlights:

Warm-up OD for CT -
Bracken: 1/34 off 9
Johnson: 0/26 off 5

Only FC Match Bracken and Johnson have played together - SCG
Bracken: 3/83 off 44
Johnson: 1/123 off 27

ODI Matches together - New Zealand
Bracken: 1/41 off 9
Johnson: 0/64 off 9

Bangladesh
Bracken: 2/30 off 8 & 2/16 off 6
Johnson: 1/34 off 7 & 0/24 off 6

DLF Cup - West Indies
Bracken: 2/45 off 6.5
Johnson: 2/65 off 8

India (not together) -
Johnson: 4/11 off 4
Bracken: DNP

West Indies (not together) -
Bracken: 1/31 off 9 & 3/16 off 7
Johnson: DNP & DNP

Doesn`t have to mean anything, just interesting. However, to say Johnson has been in better form evidently isn`t true.

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
silentstriker said:
The funny thing is that there is a IND/SA series going on at the same time, and I might just be watching the Ashes and flipping over to IND/SA, instead of the other way around.
Both will be at different times. Most Aussie tests start at 5.30 AM IST while RSA ones start at 3.30 PM IST. Even for the East coast centres in Australia, there would be maximum 1 hour over lapping if at all (not sure).

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Pratyush said:
Both will be at different times. Most Aussie tests start at 5.30 AM IST while RSA ones start at 3.30 PM IST. Even for the East coast centres in Australia, there would be maximum 1 hour over lapping if at all (not sure).
Sweet. What times GMT? I live in the US, so one or both of them may not fit. I am willing to stay up at night but I do need slee from time to time.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
silentstriker said:
Sweet. What times GMT? I live in the US, so one or both of them may not fit. I am willing to stay up at night but I do need slee from time to time.
India is 9 and half hours ahead from most parts of the US AFAIK.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It scares me really that the selectors do have Gillespie & Kaspa ahead of Bracken in the pecking order. Both are well past their peaks, and haven't shown anything much to suggest that they're returning to their form pre Ashes 2005.

In any case, Clark & Johnson will be the 1's fighting it our for the 3rd seamer spot imo. I would prefer they went with Johnson A) Because he's a queenslander :) and B) Because he is a Lefty, quick, and can get a decent amount of swing, whilst Clark is a similar bowler to McGrath, except nowhere near as good.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If there are any forum members going to the first test I suggest a meet up. I'll be at The Morrison Hotel from whenever it opens - Hopefully 8am, but more likely 9am to begin preceedings for the day.

howardj

International Coach
Geez I'm looking forward to this match - the atmosphere; the characters; the cricket; the mates; the $6 hotdogs; the two days off work; the sun spots.

Just everythin'.

The start of summer.

Good times. Good times.

luffy

International Captain
Can't wait for the match. Now i just need to get out of school somehow. I might take a sickie.... for the whole summer. :laugh:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
GeraintIsMyHero said:
No Sky Sports makes Martyn a sad boy :@

Radio and Cricinfo for me
i feel for ya yo, i'd be gutted if i at 9:00 pm on November 23rd i couldn't get to see the 1st ball. Get to a frend who has Sky i say..

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
aussie said:
i feel for ya yo, i'd be gutted if i at 9:00 pm on November 23rd i couldn't get to see the 1st ball. Get to a frend who has Sky i say..

Aussie - In time warp

unfortunately the rest of us will have to wait until 12.00pm for the first ball

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
benchmark00 said:
Team should look like this:

Langer
Hayden
Ponting*
Martyn
Hussey
Watson
Gilchrist+
Warne
Lee
MacGill
McGrath

12th Man: Clarke

agreed, Clarke wont be 12th man though as the selectors will want to give him every chance to play FC cricket this summer. They also dont usually pick batsmen as 12th men. Johnson or Tait will probably be the 12th man

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
superkingdave said:
Aussie - In time warp

unfortunately the rest of us will have to wait until 12.00pm for the first ball
ha, oh geez don't know where i got that from, but if my memory is correct test in Brisbane usually start around 1:30am our time.