• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** 1st Test at The Gabba

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
vic_orthdox said:
LOL. So have you all booked hols or what? I wish I bloody had. Should be a bloody national holiday. More important than VE Day and such like these next six weeks.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
As far as I can tell there's no news on our team yet? But everyone seems to think it'll be

Strauss
Cook
Bell
Colly
KP
Fred
Geraint
Giles
Hoggard
Harmison
Jimmy A

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
GeraintIsMyHero said:
LOL. So have you all booked hols or what? I wish I bloody had. Should be a bloody national holiday. More important than VE Day and such like these next six weeks.
Yeah, uni students have about 5 months off at the moment, school breaks up for three months soon. It's all pretty chillaxed around these parts at the moment.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Fair play. My missus told me not to drink too much coffee, in case it made me sick. I thought now there's an idea, make myself sick, then I need not work tomorrow and can stay up all night. But I need that money :@

Woodster

International Captain
GeraintIsMyHero said:
I'd take that. I'd take anything for 0 at lunch. Unless we lose the toss, of course!
Yes, agreed, anything for 0. Big test first up for Cookie. Having Lee steaming in first day of an Ashes series or the metronomic Mcgrath. Get after em boys! (this is all on the proviso we bat first)

Lunchtime Prediction : England 78-1

Laurrz

International Debutant
i think Australia will struggle majorly at the end of the first day...but will eventually win the tests after good day 2 and 3

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
10.00am England have named their XI and as expected, Ashley Giles has been preferred to Monty Panesar.
grrr...it's not that i didn't have doubts about Monty, it's just that there was always an inevitabiliity about it with Fletcher

albo97056

U19 Cricketer
Fletcher is an idiot, how can 90% of england want panesar and one stubborn zimbabwean want giles.:-O

I want his head on a plate!

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
I cannot believe they picked GIles over Monty. Totally unexpected for me.

Why play Monty in the final warmup if they were gonna pick Giles?

We need spinners who can bowl Australia out, i cant see Giles doing that. :@