Page 11 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official*** 1st Test at The Gabba

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tooextracool
    Clearly you havent seen too much off him then. Anderson has one of the better techniques for any tail end batsman, he could easily bat up at 8 or 9 if he put his mind to it. Even if you watched him bat against Australia for about 2 minutes in the ICC champs trophy, you would know it.
    To be fair, he batted well for a while there, and then missed 6 deliveries in a row from McGrath, the last of which bowled him.

Harmison's a terrible batsman though. He can hit the ball, but he gets out in some of the most embarassing ways imaginable. I'd probably have Anderson above him, if only because Anderson can defend a few balls if needed and would be a better choice to support a top order batsman who was still there.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

International Debutant Pedro Delgado's Avatar
    I'm not sure I want my lanky fast bowler being anything other than a slogger, call me old fashioned.

Shame it's looking like Monty won't make it, with Felchers's obsession with runs from his spinner; what with the pathetic treatment of Read (they're both mediocre with the bat but Jones had countless chances) too I'm beginning to see where Boycs was coming from. Hopefully after the WC he will go and the timing will finally be right for Woolmer to step in, Fletch has done very well but I think it's a case of so long, and thanks for all the fish now.

I digress, sorry.
    Member of the Rosalie Birch Appreciation Society (RBAS)
    Member of CVAAS - go Joe

You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    You're a ghost la la la la la la la la laaa
    I'm the church and I've come
    To claim you with my iron drum
    la la la la la la la la la la

The wolves are running..

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Perm's Avatar
    I think Clark will get the other seamers spot over Johnson, I mean Clark hasn't done anything wrong and I think he deserves atleast 2 or 3 tests to show what he can do before they think about dropping him. Interesting to see whether Bell can handle batting at #3.
    The Future of International Cricket - Rohit Sharma, Suresh Raina, Ravi Bopara, Tim Southee, Ross Taylor, Shahriar Nafees, Raqibul Hasan, Salman Butt, JP Duminy
    Proud Supporter of the Bangladeshi Tigers
    Ryan ten Doeschate - A Legend in the Making
    MSN: zacattack90@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Romance can be dealt with elsewhere - I just don't enjoy it in cricket.

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Pedro Delgado
    I'm not sure I want my lanky fast bowler being anything other than a slogger, call me old fashioned.
    Me too.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    I know people were posting it in the Aus domestic thread, but I'll do it here cause I can

My predicted team for tomorrow:
    Langer
    Hayden
    Ponting
    Martyn
    Hussey
    Watson
    Gilchrist
    Warne
    Lee
    Clark
    McGrath

12th man: Johnson

Personally, I'd prefer either Hodge or Jaques to be at number 4 instead of Martyn, but it's not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by flibbertyjibber View Post
    Only a bunch of convicts having been beaten 3-0 and gone 9 tests without a win and won just 1 in 11 against England could go into the home series saying they will win. England will win in Australia again this winter as they are a better side which they have shown this summer. 3-0 doesn't lie girls.

Hall of Fame Member NZTailender's Avatar
    Tomorrow. I thought it was a week away?

Edit: NVM.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    The NZTailender Supporting XI:
    H Rutherford, T Latham, N Broom, M Bracewell, D Brownlie, BJ Watling, D de Boorder+, M Henry, B Wheeler, H Bennett, A Milne
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    I think the article on cricinfo has a point, and the selectors will name a 13 man squad including all of Clark, Watson, Clarke and Johnson.

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    I think the article on cricinfo has a point, and the selectors will name a 13 man squad including all of Clark, Watson, Clarke and Johnson.

That would br frustrating for fans
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend andyc's Avatar
    Yeti Sports 1.5 Champion!
    Yeah I just read that article, would be pretty disappointed if they did that, but it makes sense, plus it'll keep England guesing. Would ruin the fun though.

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Lets hope if they do that they release the 12th and 13th man before the Test, so they can play for their states. Would be very annoying if Clarke and Clark missed a game for NSW, to carry drinks around. Thats the job for some U19 players, or super-sub fielder.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by chaminda_00
    Lets hope if they do that they release the 12th and 13th man before the Test, so they can play for their states. Would be very annoying if Clarke and Clark missed a game for NSW, to carry drinks around. Thats the job for some U19 players, or super-sub fielder.
    I'll put my hand up...

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes
    I've actually seen him bat quite a few times, numerous times when he first started at ODI level in the VB series in 2001(?), as well as on the English tour of Pakistan and in the recent Champions Trophy. Harmison may just go out for a swing, but he hits the ball well and can add valuable runs to a total. Anderson, on the other hand, every time I've seen him bat looks pretty much all at sea. Against Australia he did well considering, but still was rather poor.

They have rather similar FC and Test averages as well. If it were I, anyway, Harmison would bat 10 and Anderson 11.
    Anderson has the more orthodox technique, infact his technique is very good for a tail ender, its probably the best out of all the bowlers in the england side. Hes not a slogger a la Harmison, and he can actually hang around, its one of the reasons why hes barely been dismissed in test match cricket. Harmison is nothing but a slogger, and any half decent bowler will have him out within the space of a few balls.
    Anyways my comment was based on you calling Anderson one of the worst batsmen you have ever seen and ranking him with Kaneria, which is really ludicrous.
    Tendulkar = the most overated player EVER!!
    Beckham = the most overated footballer EVER!!
    Vassell = the biggest disgrace since rikki clarke!!

International Coach tooextracool's Avatar
    Dick Quicks Island Adventure Champion!
    To be fair, he batted well for a while there, and then missed 6 deliveries in a row from McGrath, the last of which bowled him.

Harmison's a terrible batsman though. He can hit the ball, but he gets out in some of the most embarassing ways imaginable. I'd probably have Anderson above him, if only because Anderson can defend a few balls if needed and would be a better choice to support a top order batsman who was still there.
    Anderson was amongst a select few englishmen who actually made it into double figures in that game. the 2 4s that he hit were about as good as any late cut that Arjuna Ranatunga might have played in his prime. He's certainly not anywhere near the worst batsman at the moment, and hes nowhere near as poor as the likes of Kaneria as was suggested.

They're not going to name 13 players when there are no injuries.

They will only name 12 tomorrow.

I thought they were likely to name a 13, with all three of Clark, Johnson and Tait in, to cover themselves in case Tait take 10 wickets in the S.A vs Eng match.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

Page 11 of 109 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161 ... LastLast

Thread Information