• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Tour Games

James

Cricket Web Owner
Discussion around England's tour games.

10 Nov 2006
Prime Ministers XI v England at the Manuka Oval

12 Nov 2006 - 14 Nov 2006
New South Wales v England at the Sydney Cricket Ground

17 Nov 2006 - 19 Nov 2006
South Australia v England at the Adelaide Oval

09 Dec 2006 - 10 Dec 2006
Western Australia v England at the WACA

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I don't think England will be as bad as everyone is making out. They may experiment a bit with the tour games, especially considering they've asked for them to be not counted as FC status. They may not win the tour games, but they will get a chance to look at as many players as possible considering the games may include the entire touring squad.

Johnners

I noticed they've avoided playing QLD this time. I'm assuming this is to avoid Martin Love who lasted time around notched two Double Centuries against them in Warm up Matches with QLD and Aust. A.

The matches against SA & NSW will good to see, especially seeing as both teams will be packed with youngsters, and what better experience than to the the 2nd best test team in the world.

Great Birtannia

U19 Captain
superkingdave said:
England will only win one of the tour games
Unless England beat the PM XI's which is a limited overs match it would take a big performance from either team to win a 3 day tour game.

sideshowtim

Banned
Think I might go to see NSW vs. England. You wouldn't have to buy tickets in advance for it would you? I doubt it would be that popular.

Mister Wright

sideshowtim said:
Think I might go to see NSW vs. England. You wouldn't have to buy tickets in advance for it would you? I doubt it would be that popular.
LOL. It's not going to sell out.

Perm

Should be some interesting games here, picking England to win two and lose two seeing as how they will be experimenting their line up and trying to see as many players as possible in different roles. Bit of a shame they aren't classified as FC matches though.

Alysum

U19 Debutant
For the NSW game you can get a bargain if you visit the Museum of Sydney (before 8th Nov) to see the ashes, the SCG seat is sold for $10 I think

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Fox Sports appear to be showing the PM's XI match live. I've never heard of tour matches being shown live on TV before, excluding the occasional Australia A vs Whoever match. I really hope they show all of them anyway.

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Macgill lets slip that NSW may bat for 3 days if they win the toss... That would be quite entertaining, and no doubt frustrating for the poms