• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Tour Games

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
LOL! I can't believe Bet365.com are having live betting available for this match. Unbelievably ridiculous.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Jono said:
LOL! I can't believe Bet365.com are having live betting available for this match. Unbelievably ridiculous.
Cos it's live on tv i guess. Got evens on the PM's XI so i'm happy, theyre in to 8/15 now

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah Birt looks to be a tremendous player. Surprised his List-A average is so low, given that he looks perfectly capable in the shorter form, but I guess that will probably go up.

Nice platform for a score around 300 here.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
Yeah Birt looks to be a tremendous player. Surprised his List-A average is so low, given that he looks perfectly capable in the shorter form, but I guess that will probably go up.

Nice platform for a score around 300 here.
I think that average of 30 reflects a slow start for Birt, he has certainly improved. He is also yet to settle on a batting position in the Tasmanian side for ODD games. He is juggled around from opener to #4. Once he settles we may see that average rise very quickly.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I like watching Marsh bat. He's never really pushed for international selection with consistent domestic runs, but he really does like a good batsman every time I see him.

Vogues and White can really hit the ball, and Jaques can too, so we should be looking at 70-80 odd off the last 10 if there's not a flurry of wickets. 300+ should surely be a winning score.

Johnners

A lot will depend on how Tait bowls IMO. If he bowls plenty of "4" balls, england could well chase a 300+ score down.

Jaques just out, 112 from 110, great innings. Watson will want to continue to make runs at the top of the order for the ODI team with Jaques batting like he is. Hayden & Langer will be looking over their shoulders as well.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Devious planning by Cricket Australia - ensure that a one-day game is played at the start to stop England from getting too much confidence.

:p ;)

Scaly piscine

FaaipDeOiad said:
I like watching Marsh bat. He's never really pushed for international selection with consistent domestic runs, but he really does like a good batsman every time I see him.

Vogues and White can really hit the ball, and Jaques can too, so we should be looking at 70-80 odd off the last 10 if there's not a flurry of wickets. 300+ should surely be a winning score.
That's a little conservative, it's not Battrick. Even with the wicket Colly just took they should have been looking to push 100 in the last 10 (without a flurry of wickets). Also why hasn't Panesar bowled more overs?

grecian

Scaly piscine said:
That's a little conservative, it's not Battrick. Even with the wicket Colly just took they should have been looking to push 100 in the last 10 (without a flurry of wickets). Also why hasn't Panesar bowled more overs?
No idea, can only assume Fletchers afraid he'll take wickets.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
superkingdave said:
Cos it's live on tv i guess. Got evens on the PM's XI so i'm happy, theyre in to 8/15 now
Very solid.

I was tempted to have a punt, but had no idea how the match would turn out and figured since I won some money on a nice treble multi-bet last night in the women's tennis Sony Ericcson tournament, no use giving the money straight back to them.