• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Tour Games

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
tooextracool said:
is there really a point in having hoggard and co bat right now? wouldnt the time be much better spent having the bowlers get a bit of a run in instead?
Was just thinking that. All out now, so I guess it doesn't matter.

3 for Clark and 2 each for Bracken, McGrath and Lee.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Clarke doing the business again, if he's not out at stumps theres really not much more he could've done to argue his case. Any news on what caused Katich to retire Hurt??

Laurrz

International Debutant
:thumbsup: good bowling performance to get them under what NSW made... esp. since NSW have got not the best batting lineup they could get with Haddin and Thornely out...

i seriously thought with KP and Flintoff set that they would SEVERELY punish our quicks... but Clark bowled Flintoff :thumbsup: YAY

Collingwood out to Hauritz.........mmk.... good against spin...

CLARKE ON FIRA!!!!!! :D :D Clarke > Bell :P

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Clapo said:
Clarke doing the business again, if he's not out at stumps theres really not much more he could've done to argue his case. Any news on what caused Katich to retire Hurt??
I don't believe he did 'retire hurt'. He just retired.

edit: actually, the ground scoreboard and the CA one say different, so who knows?

Three for Anderson now.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Michael Clarke is looking good with a couple of 50's against England, even if he did get bowled by Giles in that second innings. With Shane Watson not taking any wickets against Western Australia and scoring a duck in his first dig, the door is still open for Pup.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
dontcloseyoureyes said:
Giles playing himself into Brisbane as the lone spinner... hopefully.
I'm more and more coming round to the 2 spinner option.

Here's comething a tad radical - how about:

Strauss
Cook
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
Jones (although I'd still pick Read)
Giles
Hoggard
Anderson
Panesar

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
I'm more and more coming round to the 2 spinner option.

Here's comething a tad radical - how about:

Strauss
Cook
Bell
Pietersen
Collingwood
Flintoff
Jones (although I'd still pick Read)
Giles
Hoggard
Anderson
Panesar
It's hard to know about Tres. Is he just a score away from being OK again, or is he mentally shot? Brave move to drop him at this stage, I reckon. Harmy may be another matter though - he's produced so little for so long now. If he's still hopeless against SA, then I wouldn't pick him either. Trouble is I'm not confident about Hoggard either, but an opening attack of Anderson & Mahmood is several steps too far at this stage.

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
Decent performance in the end. Hopefully Tres and Bell can get some time at the crease against South Australia.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Just got back from the match. Awesome day, the SCG is a mad ground, have been there 10 times for cricket now. I was reminded how much more you can tell by watching the match live instead of on TV, let alone text updates.

It was my first time seeing Panesar live, and he certainly looked awesome in the nets, turning it heaps.. He didn`t look very penetrative in the middle however and his fielding was pretty atrocious. I`ve just heard a report of racism, but the crowd certainly loved him today. The biggest cheer of the day was when he came on to bowl his first spell.

Bracken bowled very well with the new-ball, some lucky runs against him and he could`ve had Hoggard three times. Pietersen gave him the charge but played it too late. Bracks certainly seemed to be bowling quick and hitting the deck harder than most other bowlers.

McGrath and Clark looked pretty average to be honest, McGrath more than Clark. Pidge`s bowl to Jones was a bit low, but Geriant wasn`t playing it off either foot.

Geriant should`ve snapped up the stumping off Panesar, but apart from that looked alright.

Bell was practicing playing short-stuff in the nets against a bowling machine, and was leaving most of them. Edged and missed a few, generally looked very uncomfortable.

O`Brien looked very nervous in the nets, and was a walking wicket in the middle.

Lee bowled almost every ball short against the tail. So many men close in as well, no-one at mid-on or mid-off at one stage.

The announcer said Katich retired because he could, and Katich looked to have no injury.

Clarke went the tonk when he hit 44, and he got out making room to a Giles` delivery that hit the top of leg-stump. Giles looked pretty average, but didn`t conceed runs.

Hauritz actually bowled really well today. Seriously.

It must be really worrying for the English fans, because the English bowlers looked very pedestrian, no-one looked like taking wickets.

Harmison was increidbly poor. All over the place, and a really slow pace and labouring run-up.

Hoggard was the pick for mine, great L&L making the batsmen play.

Anderson had his moments and was generally tight. As I said, O`Brien was a walking wicket, and he was lucky to get Henriques, but his delivery to Smith was amazing, if not unplayable. Needs to be picked for the First Test for mine.

Katich was also dropped on 1 to one that should`ve been taken.

Sorry for the random order of events, and hopefully I`ve been as accurate and honest as possible.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Best part of the day was talking to Bracken after the match. He, Pidge and Clark spent ages signing autographs, and I talked with him for a good five minutes which was mad. We all look like tossers, but meh.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Nnanden said:
Best part of the day was talking to Bracken after the match. He, Pidge and Clark spent ages signing autographs, and I talked with him for a good five minutes which was mad. We all look like tossers, but meh.

Haha, great stuff - Bracken IMO seems a very personable guy. You didn't say anything about meeting Layne Beachley though. :)

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Bracken is really good with the crowd. I remember sitting near where he was stationed as 12th man at last year's Boxing Day Test, and listening to him cop abuse for not signing autographs 24/7 while he was trying to do his job as 12th man, and also managing to watch the cricket. He handled it really well.