• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Tour Games

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Personally, I think it's a bit of a mistake for England to ask for the Tour Game vs NSW to be even further informalised. It takes away a lot of match pressure and would make it harder to be mentally switched on for a game, and turns it into glorified net sessions / centre wicket practice.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
age_master said:
Macgill lets slip that NSW may bat for 3 days if they win the toss... That would be quite entertaining, and no doubt frustrating for the poms
Also, difficult unless England only bowl 40 overs a day.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm kind of disappointed about the Mickey Mouse nature of the NSW v England fixture. However, I'll be out there as much as I can manage and maybe even get some decent snaps that can be put up on CW.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Alysum said:
For the NSW game you can get a bargain if you visit the Museum of Sydney (before 8th Nov) to see the ashes, the SCG seat is sold for $10 I think
That's exactly what I did last weekend :)

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Alysum said:
For the NSW game you can get a bargain if you visit the Museum of Sydney (before 8th Nov) to see the ashes, the SCG seat is sold for $10 I think
Got two tickets for myself and my dad today (although they were $20). Looks like there's gonna be a few CWers going.

Burpey

Cricketer Of The Year
andyc said:
Got two tickets for myself and my dad today (although they were $20). Looks like there's gonna be a few CWers going.
You say it like it's a good thing...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
aussie said:
Gillespie to take 5 for and cause another headache leading up to the 1st test.
Haha, this kid makes the worst predictions ever...

Going on the Monday of the tour game. Anyone else going then?

archie mac

International Coach
broncoman said:
ah cool, not many cricketwebbers in canberra good to see us all getting out there for it!
Are you playing grade cricket in Canberra this season? If yes which club? (if you don't mind me asking:huh:)

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Nnanden said:
Haha, this kid makes the worst predictions ever...

Going on the Monday of the tour game. Anyone else going then?
Might be going on Tuesday or Wednesday depending on what i've got on.

howardj

International Coach
Apparently England have now agreed to use just the standard XI players for the match against South Australia. Consequently, the match has now been upgraded to a FC fixture.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
howardj said:
Apparently England have now agreed to use just the standard XI players for the match against South Australia. Consequently, the match has now been upgraded to a FC fixture.
That doesn't surprise me, England usually play there likely starting XI for the last tour match before the 1st Test. They will have enough time to give squad players a run in the PM and NSW game.