• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Tour Games

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Haha, flintoff getting hit on the helmet by McGrath.

Over 39.6 Short ball from McGrath hits Flintoff on the helmet and goes for a leg bye

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Strange that MacGill hasn't bowled yet, though I suppose Casson might be causing them problems.

Haha, who am I kidding?

Johnners

FaaipDeOiad said:
Strange that MacGill hasn't bowled yet, though I suppose Casson might be causing them problems.

Haha, who am I kidding?
LOL, so true!!

Was wondering y macgilla didn't bowl myself, anyone able to shed some light on this??

Mister Wright

FaaipDeOiad said:

Haha, who am I kidding?

Haha.

I think Katich will be off MacGill's Christmas card list for not getting a chance to bowl at England. Or maybe the selectors have told Katich they don't want him bowling so they don't have to select him if he does well.

Johnners

haha yeah, tbh if Katich is going to let someone get hammered, let it be someone good who has a chance of getting a wicet.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Casson bowling the final over of the day. Surely MacGill is injured or something. There's no way he just wouldn't bowl for 60 overs.

Laurrz

International Debutant
yea pretty much all strength bar Warne.. but the non-test guys have got some stick...
i have no idea why MacGill hasn't bowled a ball...i would've thought he needed to prove something

anyways 4/256 at stumps...

Englands day i think because 4 of their batsmen struck form and luckily for them they will prolly play Cook instead of Bell

for us i think it isn't that bad because we kept Tres quiet again and McGrath got the guy he wanted... and Clark did his ashes cause very good...

although this KP/Flintoff partnership makes me wonder if we should play Johnson/Tait because they are so raw .. but they could also get killed... but we saw what happen in Diwali and Canberra... hmm

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I see Bell's reverted to Rod Marsh's "good nicker" mode in time for the Ashes. Dunno what to make of him at 4 though, especially as he made all those runs against Pak batting at 6. A decent knock from Collingwood tomorrow will probably see him in the starting XI.

Did any one see how Harmison bowled today?

andyc

Just saw a bit of it on the news, Clark's catch off Strauss was awesome. He seems to be pretty good at taking catches off his own bowling, I can recall him doing it a few other times

Laurrz

International Debutant
"Clark's return of 2-34 was a healthy kick-along for his chances of winning a spot in the first Test team, although he did rival Nathan Bracken no favours when he dropped a chance at gully off Strauss when he was 32."

LOL

"There was also a degree of mystery to the NSW attack, as leg spinner Stuart MacGill spent the day off the field and did not bowl."

Woodster

International Captain
Happy to see England have a good day, important that 4 of the top 6 enjoyed good time at the crease.

Did Pietersen hook compulsively today ? Did they bowl many short balls to him and Flintoff or are they saving it for the Tests ?

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
From the interview with CMJ on the beeb yes, he hooked happily, was lucky with one top edge early on but then went mad without danger.

tooextracool

International Coach
Great Birtannia said:
Casson himself and Hauritz for playing Pietersen and Flintoff into form? ****ing boom NSW recruits those two.
how on earth is Hauritz still playing domestic cricket? especially in a side that includes Clark, Bracken, Macgill etc?

Mister Wright

tooextracool said:
how on earth is Hauritz still playing domestic cricket? especially in a side that includes Clark, Bracken, Macgill etc?
15 man team kind of helps people's chances of playing.