• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Tour Games

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
right up just in time to see England bat before i get off to school. Looking foward to this..

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Lee obviously reads the newspaper where Strauss has said he's not worried by pace...

Over 3.1 Lee beats Strauss outside off
Over 1.5 Lee straight through Strauss
Over 1.3 Shot ball from Lee hits Stauss

Last edited:

pskov

International 12th Man
When was the last time this many Aussie test players/hopefuls faced off against a touring side in a warmup match?

Johnners

McGrath has 1 of his targets out there. Will be interesting to see how Cook fairs. He hits a boundary through mid-wicket as i speak.

Mister Wright

Lee going the journey atm. 28 off his 5 overs.

McGrath going at around 4 an over.

Positive signs for England if they can keep it up, considering both bowlers will open for Australia.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
When does Lee's form get a bit worrying? Some of the signs in India weren't all that encouraging, and it'd be really disappointing if he does get a bit of tap today, too.

Mister Wright

vic_orthdox said:
When does Lee's form get a bit worrying? Some of the signs in India weren't all that encouraging, and it'd be really disappointing if he does get a bit of tap today, too.
I'm still not convinced he's a test match bowler. Some of the praise he has got for his test match exploits recently, have been seriously over-rated.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
don't think its a really worry although he has gone for a few today, Lee generally in his career has struggled when he bowled on the sub-continent decks maybe because he hasn't bowled on them much, even in Bangladesh after having arguably his best test series in SA looked a bit flat. But he looked good in Malaysia prior to the CT, so i'll expect him to be firing come the 1st test.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Happy that Strauss is getting runs again, got on him for most runs for England. He's in very good touch.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
I'm still not convinced he's a test match bowler. Some of the praise he has got for his test match exploits recently, have been seriously over-rated.
He led our attack for a whole summer and averaged mid 20s, and was seriously unlucky in the home series against South Africa as well. I think that qualifies him as a test match bowler, if 200+ test wickets doesn't.

Anyway, I'm a little concerned about his form, but it's not as bad as the form of every England bowler except Flintoff, so we can probably wait and see on all of them. He did bowl very well in Malaysia.

Mister Wright

FaaipDeOiad said:
He led our attack for a whole summer and averaged mid 20s, and was seriously unlucky in the home series against South Africa as well. I think that qualifies him as a test match bowler, if 200+ test wickets doesn't.

Anyway, I'm a little concerned about his form, but it's not as bad as the form of every England bowler except Flintoff, so we can probably wait and see on all of them. He did bowl very well in Malaysia.
That's fine. You might be convinced. I'm just saying, I'm not.

social

Aus' back-up is generally doing well but Lee, Langer, Martyn Hayden and Ponting all have question marks over their form

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Bracken had Strauss dropped in the slips, but has gone for a few runs otherwise. Clark seems to be bowling very well though.