• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Tour Games

Laurrz

International Debutant
Haddin is injured...as is Thornely...

i heard the conditions were overcast...and English bowlers still struggled a bit...will be interesting to see how we bowl

McGrath
Lee
Clark
Bracken
Henriques
MacGill

WHAT a bowling attack!!!!

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Laurrz said:

i heard the conditions were overcast...and English bowlers still struggled a bit...will be interesting to see how we bowl

McGrath
Lee
Clark
Bracken
Henriques
MacGill

WHAT a bowling attack!!!!
I actually doubt you will see Henriques bowl that much tbh. McGrath, Lee, Bracken & Clark will do the bulk of the bowling, and MacGill, Casson & Hauritz will get a few short spells also.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
first time i've seen Henriques since the under-19 world cup final and the bloke looks very good with the willow. Would like to see him bowl 2moro but its unlikley i guess.

For England the form of the bowlers continue to be a worry.

andyc

Laurrz said:

Before lunch, it was really, really hot, but after lunch it cooled down a lot and there was a bit of cloud cover. But yeah, in general it was a pretty poor performance from England, and no bowler looked as if he was going to take a whole load of wickets. If their 6 best bowlers can't bowl out a state team in a day, something's wrong. Their fielding was pretty pedestrian too, a few hard chances were put down, and there were quite a few misfields.

Mister Wright

andyc said:
Before lunch, it was really, really hot, but after lunch it cooled down a lot and there was a bit of cloud cover. But yeah, in general it was a pretty poor performance from England, and no bowler looked as if he was going to take a whole load of wickets. If their 6 best bowlers can't bowl out a state team in a day, something's wrong. Their fielding was pretty pedestrian too, a few hard chances were put down, and there were quite a few misfields.
How was Jones as keeper?

andyc

Mister Wright said:
How was Jones as keeper?
Not spectacular. In the first session, someone edged an attempted pull shot, and it was a genuine chance, if a little hard, as Jones had to dive down the leg side, but he missed it altogether and it went for four. Everything else was okay though, but he did juggle a few takes.

Gloucefan

U19 Vice-Captain
I remember Australia losing to Bangladesh and Somerset prior to the 2005 Ashes and winning the first test. They drew with Essex later on. While I am worried about England's form and I don't dismiss the warmups you can't really take too much from them.

tooextracool

International Coach
Gloucefan said:
I remember Australia losing to Bangladesh and Somerset prior to the 2005 Ashes and winning the first test. They drew with Essex later on. While I am worried about England's form and I don't dismiss the warmups you can't really take too much from them.
True, when was the last time England did well in their warm ups anyways? Lost to board Presidents XI in india, Lost to the Pakistan A side in Pakistan and i believe lost to the SA A side the winter before that. They're probably only going to add to their collection.

Johnners

crap, Henriques out, was hoping he'd carve Harmy & Hoggy all over the shop, and in turn, gain shock selection for the gabba test :p

Mister Wright

Play resumes after a rain delay. 17 overs lost for the day. Although it was unlikely for England to bat twice, they definitely won't now, unless they are forced to follow on.

Johnners

haha, just read that on Cricket Australia commentary.

Harmison bowling well??or a just a case of Smith going for quick runs?

Mister Wright

Burgey said:
Thanks mate.
No problem...:D

England batting now. McGrath bowling the first over. Will be interesting to see if the England batsmen attack McGrath or he gets the upper hand. Will also be interested to see how they handle Lee. Clark will want a reasonable performance, just won't want one that bowls him out of the test side.

EDIT: Trescothick hits McGrath for 4 to finish the first over. England 0/4.