• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

This Ashes Gillispie

Xuhaib

International Coach
Which player do you think will have an absolute shocker, my money is on Tresco other potential candidates I can think of are Harmison and Petersen. On the Aussie front i feel the Warney factor will not be as huge as many people think.

Last edited:

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
Meh Pietersen will be fine although Harmison is going to be worrying, just hope he turns up. Wouldn't be suprised to see Shane Watson fail badly.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think it would be more of a shock if Tresco performed, TBH. All the talk lately has been his nerve's gone/never scored a ton v Oz/avearges about three-and-a-bit away from blighty. Harmy is also a worry, but equally I doubt he's going to puill up too many trees judging by today's performance.

Just quietly, Hussey's due a failure or two, so he's my dark horse for that crucial "dropped after three tests" role.

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
Wow. Hussey dropped? Big call.

I`m with my Pakistani man in saying Warne won`t go that great.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Nnanden said:
Wow. Hussey dropped? Big call.
Nah, just to clarify, I don't think he'll be dropped I was just referencing the fact Dizzy was (heck Hussey's probably got enough credit in the bank to not score a run for three tests & still be retained), but I do think he might not maintain the herculean heights he's set for himself thus far.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Hopefully the following will have a 'mare:

Tresco
Strauss
Cook
Bell
KP
Fred
Read
Saj
Harmy
Monty
Hoggy

8-)

Apart from that, I saw Dizzy bowl in a domestic one dayer yesterday and I just cannot see him getting picked - battled to get it to 130 kph and just looked a shadow of the bloke we knew and loved until '05.

Tait bowled very quick - consistently mid-140s and he also hit the pitch which seems a bonus for him. Seems a bit more upright than last year which wouldn't be hard - apparently he's been doing a bit of work with Cooley. Might be paying off too.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Harmison & Langer, both are underfire for poor recent performances....

Wouldn't be at all suprised to see Flintoff or Hussey be huge letdowns either, both have huge expectations riding on them this summer.

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
To be honest I'm picking Hoggard to underperform, I don't know why but I feel he might not have that good of a series. Pietersen will perform, aswell will Flitnoff, Warne and Hussey but perhaps not to the very high standard that is expected of them.