Cricket Player Manager
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I'm dissappointed with England, 5-0 - McGrath

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Hahaha people try to question McGrath. Have you forgotten he's the most successful pace bowler in the history of the game? What right do you minions have handing him advice? I'd suggest with a record like that he can do or say whatever the hell he wants, because he can back it up.
    Just because he's a champion bowler means he can say anything he wants and is above criticism? Not very logical.

He's just confident in himself and his team for ****s sake. He should be, he's playing test cricket.
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

Cricket Web Staff Member Burgey's Avatar
    Never mind McGrath. What about Gatting's piece this morning as reported on Cricketweb's front page?

Apparently, because Kim Hughes (last played tests 1984-85) and Greg Ritchie (most famous for a pitch invasion in the West Indies in 1995 rather than anything he accomplished at the highest level) have come out and made comments about certain current Aussie players and their coach, there is disunity in the Australian camp!

What a load of BS. If current squad members were coming out and saying those things, well and good, but please. This is ridiculous - I think he's still getting over Old Trafford 1993.
    WWCC - Loyaulte Mi Lie
    "People make me happy.. not places.. people"
    "When a man is tired of London, he is tired of life." - Samuel Johnson

"Hope is the fuel of progress and fear is the prison in which you put yourself" - Tony Benn

#408. Sixty three not out forever.

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    Andrew Flintoff's the world's greatest player but you don't hear him making such sweeping statements - he obviously has the right to going by the logic that McGrath does. I know it's tongue-in-cheek, but really, it's quite boring. I doubt idiotic Aussie comments will act as motivation to England, because our players will probably not be listening. Yawn, snore, zzzz.
    Phillip Hughes 1988-2014

RIP Craigos. A true CW legend. You will be missed.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasa
    Just because he's a champion bowler means he can say anything he wants and is above criticism? Not very logical.
    Within reason and within the sections he has control over, yes. I'm not saying he can come out and say, for example, racist comments, that's just stupid. This sort of thing works for McGrath, and until it stops working, he can say whatever he wants. Look forward to him naming his bunnys for this series.
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    Within reason and within the sections he has control over, yes. I'm not saying he can come out and say, for example, racist comments, that's just stupid. This sort of thing works for McGrath, and until it stops working, he can say whatever he wants. Look forward to him naming his bunnys for this series.
    That makes sense.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasa
    That makes sense.
    You know it.

Pretty funny by Pidge to be honest.
    Quote Originally Posted by Irfan
    We may not like you, your filthy rich coffers or your ratbag scum of supporters but by god do we respect you as a football team
    GOOD OLD COLLINGWOOD - PREMIERS IN 2010

Is Cam White, Is Good.

About Gatting - former players pontificate all the time(earlier this year Terry Alderman said McGrath was finished) but the difference is they don't have to "walk the walk" - and it was Warne who moaned at Australia's coach(upset because the boot camp meant he missed some Hampshire matches?)

Quote Originally Posted by GeraintIsMyHero
    Andrew Flintoff's the world's greatest player.....
    Is he?

It's a big call to make given that he dominated one series (in which he played magnificently), has been injured almost the whole time since, is about to come back as a batsman and is yet to play at a level comensurate with his 2005 Ashes form for a lengthy period of time. Wouldn't he have to play for a reasonable period at a level consistent with his 05 form to be regarded as the world's greatest player? Not necessarily get those results, but at least play to that level?

It would be like saying that in 2001 VVS Laxman was the greatest player in the world because he had a dominant sries at home against Australia.

Mind you, Fred's a fine player and a great sportsman as he demonstrated last year after Edgbaston.

I'm not prepard to say he's the greatest player in the world yet, but I still wish he was an Aussie!!!

U19 Captain
    Not the worlds greatest, but he could be labeled MVP in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by UncleTheOne
    Not the worlds greatest, but he could be labeled MVP in the world.
    Yeah. Happy to run with that. He's so great to watch, apart from what he brings to the team.

Cricket Web Staff Member archie mac's Avatar
    Why even bother with McGrath and his predictions? They are the same every series, "I think we will win all of the Tests, bar rain"

"I am going to target blah, blah, I have noticed a weakness"

"The other team, have a lot of problems"

As soon as I see the headline in the paper "McGrath predicts" I skip straight to the footy section.
    You know it makes sense.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgey
    Is he?

It's a big call to make given that he dominated one series (in which he played magnificently), has been injured almost the whole time since, is about to come back as a batsman and is yet to play at a level comensurate with his 2005 Ashes form for a lengthy period of time.
    One could argue that he was only continuing his past form during the Ashes - seeing as he's averagin about 40-27 over the last 40 Tests...
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

The Wheel is Forever silentstriker's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    One could argue that he was only continuing his past form during the Ashes - seeing as he's averagin about 40-27 over the last 40 Tests...

That still doesn't make him the greatest player. I'd much rather have a player just average 80 with the bat (like Hussey) or 18 with the ball. The thing that makes Freddie so good is the same thing that makes the Indian team so bad: clutch performances. Come up big when you need it the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by KungFu_Kallis View Post
    Peter Siddle top scores in both innings....... Matthew Wade gets out twice in one ball
    "The future light cone of the next Indian fast bowler is exactly the same as the past light cone of the previous one"
    -My beliefs summarized in words much more eloquent than I could come up with

How the Universe came from nothing

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information