• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ponting and Buchanan are Losers...

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I think some of Greg Ritchie's comments are quite harsh to be honest, I mean the
way he slammed Buchanan's warm up drills are ridiculous. Quite often you see guys out on the field with a soccer ball or rugby ball passing or kicking it around just to loosen up a little bit and ease their nerves. I still think Australia can take back the Ashes but I agree with him regarding Ponting's dismal captaincy.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Fatcat's probably got a point, but he's staked everything on Australia losing the Ashes. So if Australia win (dare I say, as expected), even if Ponting captains poorly and Buchanan isn't much of a coach, he'll have egg all over his face, and will have to eat his words.

Perhaps a mea culpa or clarification can be delivered by his Mahatmacoat persona at the post-series ceremony after the Ashes are won back. :)

howardj

International Coach
Slow Love™ said:
Perhaps a mea culpa or clarification can be delivered by his Mahatmacoat persona at the post-series ceremony after the Ashes are won back. :)
"I was quoted out of context".

or the Dean Jones-inspired: "When I said coach and captain, I wasn't referring to Buchanan and Ponting. Go back and listen to it - 'coach and captain'. I'll let you decide".