• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Warne: England are favourites

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
Jono said:
Just mindgames.
Exactly. Now it's Warne saying England are favourites, next it'll be Flintoff or Pietersen or somebody saying Australia are favourites.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Pretty mild comments from Warney, really - not sure it's even that.

He probably got his head bitten off over his comments re: Buchanan recently (correct as he may have been), so I imagine he's doing his best to keep a low profile for the moment (not that this is likely to last long :))...

Perm

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Just Warne playing mind games. I notice Glenn McGrath hasn't come out predicting the score in these Ashes yet, I imagine he's still eating humble pie. Pretty standard stuff though, talk your opposition up. No doubt an English player will come out and talk up Australia.

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Perm said:
Just Warne playing mind games. I notice Glenn McGrath hasn't come out predicting the score in these Ashes yet, I imagine he's still eating humble pie. Pretty standard stuff though, talk your opposition up. No doubt an English player will come out and talk up Australia.
Not heard his prediction although he has said England will be underdogs and that the underdogs tend to get mauled in Australia.