• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

How dependent are England on Flintoff?

Status
Not open for further replies.

garypratt

Cricket Spectator
I worry about Flintoff's fitness as if he isn't fit to bowl then England are in real trouble. In my opinion he is England's best bowler - Harmison can be awesome but is terribly inconsistent whereas Flintoff offers control and menace evertime he bowls. He definitely got to some of the Aussie batsmen last time out as well. Without Simon Jones and with Hoggard possibly innocuous without any swing in Australia, England must have Flintoff firing to have any chance. Losing him would have a similar affect to when the Aussies lost McGrath in the last series. Can they win without him? I'd be interested what anyone else thinks.

ps yesterday I posted a link to a very funny blog that was apparently against the rules - sorry. The blog is not mine nor is it by anyone I know. I just thought it was funny and summed up the situation of the England cricket team pretty well.
At the risk of being censored it is (* = i)
Sometimes these sorts of articles sum it up better than the usual newspaper stuff as they can say what they like and are bl**dy funny as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.