• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Should Ashes thread be moved to CC ?

Should Ashes thread be moved to Cricket Chat(CC)?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
I am posting this poll to request James to move the Ashes thread to CC or to merge some of the threads here and move to cc as one Ashes thread at the Top.

Its getting close to the Ashes and IMO keeping the thread here is resulting in lot of people missing the Ashes forum completely. Particularly important given the current lull in International Cricket .
May I request a thread be started on Champions Trophy on CC as well or the movement of a thread from Champs Trophy forum to CC ?

Any way here is a poll of members to see if there is agreement on moving a thread to CC -

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
He has a point. As a subforum, the Ashes thread is almost terminally stagnant - maybe a post every one or two days and almost no real fulfilling conversation apart from news. If it were moved to CC at least temporarily, then there might be more healthy overtones of talking up and discussion.

JASON

Cricketer Of The Year
marc71178 said:
Erm, aren't the subforums there specifically for a reason?
The sub forums get very few visitors and as Long Hop Cassidy pointed out, these threads are stagnating ....:happy:

Hence my suggestion. This poll will probably be only seen by the 7-10 (those who have voted who obviously visit this sub forum and another 1- or 2 others :) )
So it will end up with a meaningless result .:dry:

Perhaps this poll should have been posted on CC ...anyway that was my suggestion ...if majority don't want it moved , let it remain stagnant here ..:laugh:

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The subforums were created because there was a lot of discussion about the Ashes and World Cup etc. which were knocking off current topics.

If we had just one thread in C C then we'd just end up with loads of threads being started and closed / merged.

This way, the individual threads remain, and let's face it, in 6 weeks time, the series will be more relevant so more people will be posting!

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
superkingdave said:
Possibly put it so it shows when you are in cricket chat - ie where the predictions forum is
Clearly this is the best idea. All debate should cease.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I agree with Jason. There would be much more discussion if in cricket chat according to me.