• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Ebay Ashes tickets cancelled.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
While I think this is a good move. I don't think any company should resrict the right of the owner of the ticket to on-sell. The ticket is their property and they should therefore be able to either use it or sell it. If there are suckers out there who are going to pay 3 times the amount of the ticket value, then fair game I say. What I don't agree with is allowing people to buy unlimited tickets or a massive block. Tickets should be restricted to 4 at a time for individual sale. However, that then causes problems for people who honestly want to purchase 6 or 8 tickets for them and all their mates.

cameeel

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
While I think this is a good move. I don't think any company should resrict the right of the owner of the ticket to on-sell. The ticket is their property and they should therefore be able to either use it or sell it. If there are suckers out there who are going to pay 3 times the amount of the ticket value, then fair game I say. What I don't agree with is allowing people to buy unlimited tickets or a massive block. Tickets should be restricted to 4 at a time for individual sale. However, that then causes problems for people who honestly want to purchase 6 or 8 tickets for them and all their mates.
They are allowed to re-sell their tickets, but the conditions of purchase state that they cannot be resold at a premium. If people legitimately find that they can't use their tickets, there's nothing to stop them on-selling their tickets at, or under face value.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
cameeel said:
They are allowed to re-sell their tickets, but the conditions of purchase state that they cannot be resold at a premium. If people legitimately find that they can't use their tickets, there's nothing to stop them on-selling their tickets at, or under face value.
What I meant was selling it at a higher price. I know you can sell them at the same price.

howardj

International Coach
I seriously doubt they have cancelled many tickets at all. I reckon they're just talking tough and trying to make it look like they've taken stern action when, truth is that without the co-operation of Ebay, they really don't have much of a clue which tickets were on-sold, let alone which were on-sold at a premium.

howardj

International Coach
They won't disclose the seats because, I bet, there have been a ridiculously insignificant number cancelled. Plus, CA don't give a toss - they've got their full house, they're not going to pour resources into identifying scalped tickets.

howardj

International Coach
CA out there fighting for the Aussie battler. :laugh:

The consumer watchdog!

As if.

That is all....

Alysum

U19 Debutant
hang on 1300 is nothing....there has to be a lot more than that!

also CA should cancel all the tickets poms got via the aussie family thing :@

luffy

International Captain
Alysum said:
hang on 1300 is nothing....there has to be a lot more than that!

also CA should cancel all the tickets poms got via the aussie family thing :@
1300 is alot. I know some freinds that brought tickets on Ebay so it is a nervous wait for them.

ash chaulk

International Captain
i can see it now a person rocking up at the gate being denyed cos there tickets cancelled and then "I never bought my tickets on ebay i bought them legit" whats going to happen then?

howardj

International Coach
I just simply don't believe them, that they've cancelled anything like a significant number of tickets. In this article for instance, it alleges that they won't even give Ebay information on the exact number of tickets cancelled. They're just (from the same organisation that brought you the Ashes ticket fiasco in the first place; and the Warne/Waugh cover-up) playing the public for mugs, once again.

pasag

RTDAS
I don't get how they can cancel them though, its not as if any of the sellers would be stupid enough to publish the ticket numbers. The only way I could see is if ebay gave CA the personal details of the sellers and CA cross refrenced it with the ticket holders list. But that would be a huge breach of privacy.

ash chaulk

International Captain
yeah but why would they go to all that length to lie about somethink to then be found out and causing them more trouble

luffy

International Captain
Also i think if someone has brought tickets off ebay for a largely ridiculous price that they would hate to spend say $400 on a ticket than they get cancelled.