• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Langer haunted by Ntini delivery

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's interesting he'd admit to that, becuase he strikes me as a chap who is loth to conceed any sign of weakness.

Slow Love™

International Captain
Methinks James might have used a little dramatic license in that article, unless there's an actual quote out there where Langer actually says "I'm haunted by it".

He's a tough bugger, Langer, and he's been hit in the head a fair few times. I also suspect he has the memory of a goldfish. :p

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mister Wright said:
The only time Langer will consider retirement is from the coffin.
Intersting quote..especially seeing as he publicly state that it is likely that the ashes series will be his last...

Johnners

Mister Wright said:
It was just a joke mate, lighten up.
My bad, what i said come accross i bit blunt.... However, i wouldnt mind if he did play on for another year... but only if Jaques come in for Haydos ;)

Mister Wright

Clapo said:
My bad, what i said come accross i bit blunt.... However, i wouldnt mind if he did play on for another year... but only if Jaques come in for Haydos ;)
Did I misread one of your posts where you praised Inglis for being a Qlder? I get the sense you support Qld, why the Matty bashing? That is against the law in Qld.

Perm

Seems a strange thing to admit when your going to be facing two bowlers who can get lots at bounce at a lively pace in Harmison and Flintoff, I think Langer could be in a for alot of bouncers during the Ashes. Will be interesting to see how he plays them.

Mister Wright

Perm said:
Seems a strange thing to admit when your going to be facing two bowlers who can get lots at bounce at a lively pace in Harmison and Flintoff, I think Langer could be in a for alot of bouncers during the Ashes. Will be interesting to see how he plays them.
Perhaps a bit of reverse psychology?

Johnners

Mister Wright said:
Did I misread one of your posts where you praised Inglis for being a Qlder? I get the sense you support Qld, why the Matty bashing? That is against the law in Qld.
:laugh: Nope, you didn't misread... I've never been a big matty hayden fan tbh despite him being a QLDer. As a kid i always supported Jimmy Maher, and wouldn't much rathered to see him play for Aus (despite the fact that Haydo was better).

Also the fact that Hayden went for 15 months without a score higher than 78 and managed to keep his place, whereas Marto was our best bat for 18 months and was dropped after 5 poor test matches where he got 2 shocker calls for LBW and 1 absolute rip snorter from gilo that most people would've been out to. Now unfortunately for Marto he's lost it IMO and it's time to move on.... Same with hayden and the ODI team (another story)!!

Hayden is nowhere near as good as he was 2 years ago, and despite having the 4 centuries from the last test ashes test langer has always looked more dangerous as an opener, and has looked to control the bowlers, not let the bowlers control him like hayden has done.

When it comes down to it though, i suppose i'm still holding a grudge against the big fella for keeping Jimmy out ;)

Last edited:

Mister Wright

Clapo said:
:laugh: Nope, you didn't misread... I've never been a big matty hayden fan tbh despite him being a QLDer. As a kid i always supported Jimmy Maher, and wouldn't much rathered to see him play for Aus (despite the fact that Haydo was better).

Also the fact that Hayden went for 15 months without a score higher than 78 and managed to keep his place, whereas Marto was our best bat for 18 months and was dropped after 5 poor test matches where he got 2 shocker calls for LBW and 1 absolute rip snorter from gilo that most people would've been out to. Now unfortunately for Marto he's lost it IMO and it's time to move on.... Same with hayden and the ODI team (another story)!!

Hayden is nowhere near as good as he was 2 years ago, and despite having the 4 centuries from the last test ashes test langer has always looked more dangerous as an opener, and has looked to control the bowlers, not let the bowlers control him like hayden has done.

When it comes down to it though, i suppose i'm still holding a grudge against the big fella for keeping Jimmy out ;)
Yeah, have to agree that Mabo has been overlooked when he really shouldn't have been. He got a terrible run in the Aussie OD side much like Law and was never given an opportunity to cement his place. Even when he made his comeback in South Africa before the last world cup and got MOTM in the first two games he wasn't aloud to keep a spot at the top of the order.

Poor form re: Haydos if you ask me, and I will applying to the appropriate authorities to have your Qld credentials revoked. :p

Johnners

Mister Wright said:
Yeah, have to agree that Mabo has been overlooked when he really shouldn't have been. He got a terrible run in the Aussie OD side much like Law and was never given an opportunity to cement his place. Even when he made his comeback in South Africa before the last world cup and got MOTM in the first two games he wasn't aloud to keep a spot at the top of the order.

Poor form re: Haydos if you ask me, and I will applying to the appropriate authorities to have your Qld credentials revoked. :p
:blink: Not even if i want the 1 man army Bich back in the team ;) (If you could have such a thing he was THE BEST 12th man you could ever have)

Mister Wright

Clapo said:
:blink: Not even if i want the 1 man army Bich back in the team ;) (If you could have such a thing he was THE BEST 12th man you could ever have)
That's just a given mate. That's what every Qlder wants.