• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who should captain England in the Ashes?

England Ashes Captain?

• Flintoff

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Strauss

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Trescothick

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

aussie tragic

International Captain
Assuming Vaughan is not fit (not a big assumption), who should be selected as Captain of England during the Ashes?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Strauss. Undefeated as captain in tests, batting average in the 60s as skipper, what more can you ask for?

Thus allowing Fred to concentrate on his job as the world's greatest cricketer

Barney Rubble

International Coach
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Strauss. Undefeated as captain in tests, batting average in the 60s as skipper, what more can you ask for?

My thoughts exactly. :)

aussie tragic

International Captain
GeraintIsMyHero said:

Let's hope the Selectors see it the same way as I'm sure most of Aussie would want to see Freddie at his best.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Strauss.

Its not a question of WHY he should lead. The question is, Why Not ?

England are winning. His batting has flourished and even opposition captains are befuddled enough to forfeit games :D

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's interesting really, Strauss getting the captaincy basically had the opposite effect on his batting to Vaughan's when he took over. After the dismal ODI show against Sri Lanka, I've been well impressed by Strauss. He's been tipped for quite sometime now as the long-term successor for Vaughan, never expected it to be soon, but I have full faith in him leading us out to a 5-0 victory down under.

Shabash Tapash

Cricket Spectator
Definately Vikram Solanki. He's done a quality job for worcestershire all season. Inspirational fielder and classy batsman. Better leader and bat than Vaughny

Alysum

U19 Debutant
Shabash Tapash said:
Definately Vikram Solanki. He's done a quality job for worcestershire all season. Inspirational fielder and classy batsman. Better leader and bat than Vaughny
he's not even in the side lol

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Shabash Tapash said:
Hahahahahaha

...No.