• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australia win Ashes

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Okay, due to the amount of stick I'm copping (:p) could a mod please change the title to "Jones ruled out of Ashes"? :ph34r:

My optimism regarding this winter's series just went down significantly, put it that way. :(

howardj

International Coach
For what it's worth, I can't see Australia's ageing warhorse, Glenn McGrath, making it through five Test Matches in 45 days this summer - even Warney will struggle. Still, that's a massive blow to England's chances. Premature to label it terminal though.

UncleTheOne

U19 Captain
So fingers cross everyone else makes it through and is fit for selection who do you want as the fourth seamer? Jimmy Anderson started to look like the promising bowler he once was in India, I'd like to see him in the side, not sure about his horrific loss of confidence at times though.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's a pity. While I obviously want Australia to have a greater chance of winning, he was just so great in the Ashes that it's a shame we won't get to see more of him.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
really bad news to hear that one main element of England's ashes defenense will be missing, i really wanted to see both sides come at each other at full-strenght. Jones certain absense gives Australia a big edge.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
UncleTheOne said:
So fingers cross everyone else makes it through and is fit for selection who do you want as the fourth seamer? Jimmy Anderson started to look like the promising bowler he once was in India, I'd like to see him in the side, not sure about his horrific loss of confidence at times though.
Yes, if he's fit, it definitely has to be Anderson.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
aussie said:
really bad news to hear that one main element of England's ashes defenense will be missing, i really wanted to see both sides come at each other at full-strenght. Jones certain absense gives Australia a big edge.
You sound almost concerned.

:unsure:

archie mac

International Coach
A big blow, could be all over before I can watch the Test in Melbourne:laugh:

Look out Mr Armstrong your record is in trouble:cool:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
If he pulls a Rooney he may even feature in the 3rd ODI against Pakistan in September!

tooextracool

International Coach
UncleTheOne said:
If Jimmy Anderson is starting to look like 'the bowler he once was' that would positively suck. Anderson has never performed to any sort of level in test match cricket until the game against India. That he had potential was never in doubt, whether he can continue to bowl as well and more importantly as accurately as he did against India still remains to be questioned.

Hodgo7

School Boy/Girl Captain
andyc said:
That's a pity. While I obviously want Australia to have a greater chance of winning, he was just so great in the Ashes that it's a shame we won't get to see more of him.
I'd rather see the best players out there. Makes it more satisfying after we win back the Ashes :p