• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has anyone actually got tickets yet?!?!

archie mac

International Coach
A joke!

I gave up on the web site.

Two hours on the phone, by the time I spoke to someone they only had tickets for day four left (SCG) as they started to book me in I was cut off:@

So then I tried for the MCG two more hours on the phone.

Finally managed to purchase tickets for the 4 days of the Boxing day Test:cool:

howardj

International Coach
They should have staggered the release of the tickets, so not every Test Match went on sale at once. That way, there would have been far fewer folks on the site each time.

archie mac

International Coach
howardj said:
They should have staggered the release of the tickets, so not every Test Match went on sale at once. That way, there would have been far fewer folks on the site each time.
That would make too much sense :wacko:

pasag

RTDAS
The real thing that astounds me is the fact that they pretty much knew exactley how many people would log on and call, hell they were going on about it for weeks. Its one thing if there was an unexcpected surge, but they were aware of exactley how many people would log on and they still did nothing much about it.

The Argonaut

State Vice-Captain
I was able to get a 5 day pass for the Gabba test. It took me 4 hours. The seats are not great but at least I'll be there.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah well **** this. All four days are sold out for the SCG for those so called "family" seats

Last edited:

Hoggy31

International Captain
Finally got tickets! The 5 day pass thing wouldn't work so I've ended just getting Day 2 and 3, still pretty happy with that.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
howardj said:
And that way some people would've got tickets for all games rather than be limited on their first call up...

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
pasag said:
The real thing that astounds me is the fact that they pretty much knew exactley how many people would log on and call, hell they were going on about it for weeks. Its one thing if there was an unexcpected surge, but they were aware of exactley how many people would log on and they still did nothing much about it.
So what exactly could they do then?

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
So what exactly could they do then?
Umm employ more telephone people/more lines

Let the web hosting company that owns the server know about it.

Still really really annoyed

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Didnt mean switch servers. But by contacting the company who owns the server they could have been more prepared, such as more techs on and stuff