• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Has anyone actually got tickets yet?!?!

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Ok after going on the Cricket Australia site i have carmed down a bit after going mental earlier.

Now i have to wait until they are released to the general public :(

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
GoT_SpIn said:
Didnt mean switch servers. But by contacting the company who owns the server they could have been more prepared, such as more techs on and stuff
But that still wouldn't have made any difference to anything would it?!

The servers would still have been the same speed.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
marc71178 said:
But that still wouldn't have made any difference to anything would it?!

The servers would still have been the same speed.
More prepared server and more technicians = less down time

howardj

International Coach
marc71178 said:
And that way some people would've got tickets for all games rather than be limited on their first call up...
that's beside the point.

would have been less people on the site at the one time.

Dasa

International Vice-Captain
marc71178 said:
And that way some people would've got tickets for all games rather than be limited on their first call up...
No, because you have to provide a login number to get the tickets and they would be limited to 10 per person, regardless of which match you got the tickets for.

archie mac

International Coach
Whom was the bright spark at CA who decided that people could purchase 10 tickets a day at once. That meant that people were buying 40 tickets at a time.

As for those weak *******s putting them on ebay, I hope CA can cancel their tickets and re-sell them to real cricket fans.

howardj

International Coach
It may have taken up three and a half hours of my day - including almost missing a deadline for work! - but I had the last laugh on Cricket Australia. Got a five day pass for $50. Will be somewhat sun-burnt by the conclusion of the game though!

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
archie mac said:
Whom was the bright spark at CA who decided that people could purchase 10 tickets a day at once. That meant that people were buying 40 tickets at a time.

As for those weak *******s putting them on ebay, I hope CA can cancel their tickets and re-sell them to real cricket fans.
They've already got into contact with eBay and asked them to put down any tickets made available on their website. Sutherland also spoke about some sort of system where any tickets bought on eBay, or onsold or anything like that, will be cancelled, or something.

Have no idea how they can police that...

PY

International Coach
With the World Cup, they are making it so you have to have your passport with you when you enter the ground and your full name (and passport number?) are printed on the ticket so re-selling in theory shouldn't do you much good but they'll get around it somehow.

The classic one for gigs is to have produce the credit card you used to buy the tickets and only then will you get the tickets and that's on the door of the event. Not really practical for cricket though is it? :(

I have mates coming over to Aus with loaded wallets and desperate to watch Ashes cricket and I bet they find a way.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Our cricket club is trying to get in touch with the Barmy Army and play a game against them on the 23rd of December (it's a Saturday) and have a big gas fest at our home ground. :thumbsup:

It'll probably never come to fruition, but it's still an awesome idea!

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Friend got 6 tickets to the 20/20 at the SCG

Sitting in either bay 14 or 15 so i should be in the middle of everything

Slats4ever

International Vice-Captain
GoT_SpIn said:
Friend got 6 tickets to the 20/20 at the SCG

Sitting in either bay 14 or 15 so i should be in the middle of everything
not long enough to get drunk.

pasag

RTDAS
I think the whole ebay thing is ridiculous, that people are trying to profit of this whilst others miss out. Thousands more people would not have missed out had these feinds just bought for themselves and not trying to make profit. Even worse is Ebays response, who are constantly pulling auctions for breaking rules, but now they turn around and say they cant do anything.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
:laugh: Only 9800 tickets were available for the family for each day of the sydney test!

No wonder i didnt get it