• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Have You Registered?

pasag

RTDAS
:clapping: Finally got through. Have tickets for all days, though almost all of general reserve is sold out.

I cant wait.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Haha, now that's why you guys cop the "whinging poms". We give you 5 times the amount of tickets than what you give us, and you still complain :p

pasag

RTDAS
From BG:

Ashes ticket buyers wait and wait

The first day of cricket's biggest and most unusual family went as smoothly as many more traditional gatherings, with lengthy delays, grumpy arguments and disappointment about missing out on presents. As Cricket Australia's locals-only policy for Ashes tickets was opened to the Australian Cricket Family, members of the 128,500 unit were furiously mouse-clicking in the search of the promised seats in sessions that were longer than the toss to the first drinks break.

The current slogan for the summer is "It's definitely on", but this morning it should have been changed to "It's definitely crashed" as computers all over the country - and in England for those with Australian-resident friends - refused to budge on the ticket-selling websites. Seats went on sale at 9am, by which time the server on Cricket Australia's page had turned off due to overload. The online outlets Ticketmaster, who was selling for the Gabba, the WACA and the MCG, and New South Wales's Ticketek quickly joined in as pages loaded at a pace that would have made even Chris Tavare yawn. Telephones lines were engaged as workers worried that they would end the day empty-handed.

"Our system is currently busy due to a large event on sale," the Ticketmaster site read. "We apologise for the inconvenience." Servers spent more time going down than big ships in blockbuster movies, and buyers who were told to rush to avoid missing out were being ordered to be patient.

After five group emails and months of signing up members, Cricket Australia and the ticket sellers knew exactly how many people were prepared to purchase and they expected the "unprecedented" surge. Unprecedented has been the favourite word of the publicity campaign - it was the headline of a Cricket Australia email an hour after the release - and can be used again. The delay in getting tickets to a Test was unprecedented.

"We understand that due to the volume of interest systems are sometimes slower than expected," James Sutherland, the Cricket Australia chief executive, said generously. "I would urge all members of the Australian Cricket Family to continue to be patient through this process as the day continues."

Andrew Symonds had surgery this week on a wrist problem that flares during heavy periods of batting. He will be in demand for tips on prevention and cures after the mass development of RSI for users who spent the day trying to refresh the pages - or attempting to get into the main ticket sites. Australian supporters must hope the five-Test campaign is better planned and runs more smoothly than this family affair.
This has more metaphores than a Peter Roebuck article.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
howardj said:
I'm sure you'll be fine, mate. The only squeeze tomorrow will be for the 1st and 2nd days of the Sydney, and perhaps Adelaide, Test Matches. Can't see any of the other days, at any of the other venues, selling out tomorrow.
Yo
You would think that wouldnt you

In just over two hours, all 4 days sold out for the sydney test for those "family tickets"

**** this ****

ps: Not angry you, just the whole ****ing system. ****ing joke

Last edited:

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
vic_orthdox said:
Haha, now that's why you guys cop the "whinging poms". We give you 5 times the amount of tickets than what you give us, and you still complain :p
although IIRC the ones we did give you didn't sell out :dry:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm going to the first day of the Boxing Day test. Pretty funny to read about people buying a bunch of tickets only to sell them off on eBay at a ridiculously marked up price - pretty smart, but also a dog act, considering many legitimate buyers have missed out (excluding Got Spin, who I've been led to believe was under the impression it was a Limp Bizkit concert)

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Well 300 000 tickets have been sold so far from yesterday.

I think someone mentioned that there is still 25 000 seats available for each day of the sydney test for the public. So i hope...