Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Have You Registered?

Plasmanaut on Fire Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by GoT_SpIn
    Members do have a longer wait, as they cannot reserve seats they must lineup to get in. Which is the case for the SCG.

While some of the members area is up for grabs so to speak at the SCG a good part of it is reserved seating. So yes there will be members lined up, but not as many as there used to be.
    Member of CW Green
    Kerry O'Keefe - Worlds funniest Commentator

Stranger leering through a pair of binoculars
    Quote Originally Posted by age_master
    While some of the members area is up for grabs so to speak at the SCG a good part of it is reserved seating. So yes there will be members lined up, but not as many as there used to be.
    Ahh ok. Didn't know about that, but i presume that a long wait will still be required for members who dont have a reserved seat

Just wondering, how does the reserved seating work?

As in who gets them
    Mark Waugh
    "He's [Michael Clarke] on Twitter saying sorry for not walking? Mate if he did that in our side there'd be hell to play. AB would chuck his Twitter box off the balcony or whatever it is. Sorry for not walking? Jesus Christ man."
    Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is knowing not to put it into a fruit salad
    RIP Craigos

Turns out the tickets that go on sale are only by phone and internet. Not the MCG as I thought. This is very good news.

Tommorow is the day. Friend is staying home to order them over the internet

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    What's the site?

Wonder if the Barmy Army could flood it and get the server down?!
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Request Your Custom Title Now! benchmark00's Avatar
    Tournaments Won: 1
    Is this CricketWeb's greatest poster in the short history of the forum?
    I'll a little bit nervous, just quietly...
    Parmi | #1 draft pick | Jake King is **** | Big Bash League tipping champion of the universe
    Come and Paint Turtle
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Kohli. Do something in test cricket for once please.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by benchmark00
    I'll a little bit nervous, just quietly...
    Yeah if there's one thing Poms are good at, it is pulling off a scam en masse.

I mean, look at how they cheat the Aussie welfare system.

I think Aus cricket fans are rightfully nervous tonight!
    Last edited by howardj; 31-05-2006 at 02:46 AM.

Yeah i will be praying that my friend can get us tickets

Come on cricket god.

Quote Originally Posted by GoT_SpIn
    Yeah i will be praying that my friend can get us tickets

Come on cricket god.
    I'm sure you'll be fine, mate. The only squeeze tomorrow will be for the 1st and 2nd days of the Sydney, and perhaps Adelaide, Test Matches. Can't see any of the other days, at any of the other venues, selling out tomorrow.

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar

Has anyone gotten through yet? Both the site and the phone number are busy. This sucks.

Finally got through. Have tickets for all days, though almost all of general reserve is sold out.

I cant wait.

Haha, now that's why you guys cop the "whinging poms". We give you 5 times the amount of tickets than what you give us, and you still complain

From BG:

Ashes ticket buyers wait and wait

The first day of cricket's biggest and most unusual family went as smoothly as many more traditional gatherings, with lengthy delays, grumpy arguments and disappointment about missing out on presents. As Cricket Australia's locals-only policy for Ashes tickets was opened to the Australian Cricket Family, members of the 128,500 unit were furiously mouse-clicking in the search of the promised seats in sessions that were longer than the toss to the first drinks break.

The current slogan for the summer is "It's definitely on", but this morning it should have been changed to "It's definitely crashed" as computers all over the country - and in England for those with Australian-resident friends - refused to budge on the ticket-selling websites. Seats went on sale at 9am, by which time the server on Cricket Australia's page had turned off due to overload. The online outlets Ticketmaster, who was selling for the Gabba, the WACA and the MCG, and New South Wales's Ticketek quickly joined in as pages loaded at a pace that would have made even Chris Tavare yawn. Telephones lines were engaged as workers worried that they would end the day empty-handed.

"Our system is currently busy due to a large event on sale," the Ticketmaster site read. "We apologise for the inconvenience." Servers spent more time going down than big ships in blockbuster movies, and buyers who were told to rush to avoid missing out were being ordered to be patient.

After five group emails and months of signing up members, Cricket Australia and the ticket sellers knew exactly how many people were prepared to purchase and they expected the "unprecedented" surge. Unprecedented has been the favourite word of the publicity campaign - it was the headline of a Cricket Australia email an hour after the release - and can be used again. The delay in getting tickets to a Test was unprecedented.

"We understand that due to the volume of interest systems are sometimes slower than expected," James Sutherland, the Cricket Australia chief executive, said generously. "I would urge all members of the Australian Cricket Family to continue to be patient through this process as the day continues."

Andrew Symonds had surgery this week on a wrist problem that flares during heavy periods of batting. He will be in demand for tips on prevention and cures after the mass development of RSI for users who spent the day trying to refresh the pages - or attempting to get into the main ticket sites. Australian supporters must hope the five-Test campaign is better planned and runs more smoothly than this family affair.
    This has more metaphores than a Peter Roebuck article.

Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    I'm sure you'll be fine, mate. The only squeeze tomorrow will be for the 1st and 2nd days of the Sydney, and perhaps Adelaide, Test Matches. Can't see any of the other days, at any of the other venues, selling out tomorrow.
    Yo
    You would think that wouldnt you

In just over two hours, all 4 days sold out for the sydney test for those "family tickets"

**** this ****

ps: Not angry you, just the whole ****ing system. ****ing joke
    Last edited by GotSpin; 01-06-2006 at 12:16 AM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information