Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 32

Thread: Eng v Aus

  1. #1
    Cricket Spectator
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Sheffield
    Posts
    1

    Icon10 Eng v Aus

    Who will win, n what do u think englands best side is mine is;

    M Trescothick
    A Strauss
    I Bell
    K Pietersen
    A Flintoff
    P Collingwood
    G Jones
    A Giles
    M Hoggard
    S Harmisson
    J Anderson

  2. #2
    School Boy/Girl Captain TheEpic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Middlesbrough, England
    Posts
    191
    Where's Jones?
    Ponting is made out of hay. Lolz!

  3. #3
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,398
    Quote Originally Posted by TheEpic
    Where's Jones?
    Injured
    The one, the only CW Black
    Code:
    47.3 W Coppinger to Heads 
        Smacked the ball straight into the groin of Iwuajoku who has fallen over, 
        miraculously with the ball still caught in his scrotal area! Out!

  4. #4
    Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Oxford, England
    Posts
    26,857
    Quote Originally Posted by dontcloseyoureyes
    Injured
    Oi. When you finish OD run chases rather than leaving them to the tail then I may have more sympathy for your cheek. I'm more concerned about Ashley getting his prosthetic hip through customs.

    And also that anyone can rate Bell over Vaughan for a spot in the Test side.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

    Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

    Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog


  5. #5
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Vaughan's barely been less useless than Bell in the last year.
    Vaughan
    Bell
    And in both cases, on the rare occasions they've scored they've required let-offs.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

  6. #6
    Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    19,104
    Vaughan's leadership and the fact that he was quite dominant in Australia last time should clearly see him selected if he is fit. He played quite poorly in the Ashes, but he still made a century, and despite the odd repeating problem against Lee and Warne you couldn't really say he was worked out comprehensively. He certainly outperformed Bell.
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

  7. #7
    International Coach howardj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    brisbane
    Posts
    12,864
    Vaughan in Australia in 2002/03 was the best display of batsmanship Ive seen from of any overseas player on these shores. Three centuries; over 500 runs.

  8. #8
    BARNES OUT dontcloseyoureyes's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    WILDCARD, BITCHES
    Posts
    28,398
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    Oi. When you finish OD run chases rather than leaving them to the tail then I may have more sympathy for your cheek. I'm more concerned about Ashley getting his prosthetic hip through customs.

    And also that anyone can rate Bell over Vaughan for a spot in the Test side.
    But skip, I was just showing faith in you!

    Big Ash would be a big loss, if not so much on the field, but a psycological one to the team. I think the side would want to land in Australia with the same 11-12 guys that did it last year, it'd be a big morale booster..

  9. #9
    International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Nursing a broken ****ing arm
    Posts
    5,674
    I'd like to see:

    Atherton
    Brearley
    Broad
    Ramprakash
    Butcher
    Stewart
    Tufnell
    Edmonds
    Ealham
    Kirtley
    Malcolm

    vs.

    Morris
    Barnes
    Bradman
    Hassett
    Harvey
    Miller
    Tallon
    McCool
    Lindwall
    Johnson
    Johnston
    Last edited by LongHopCassidy; 17-04-2006 at 03:55 AM.
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

  10. #10
    Hall of Fame Member Jamee999's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Leicestershire, UK
    Posts
    15,094
    I wanna see Mick playing.
    Or something.

    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990 - 15/4/2006

  11. #11
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Vaughan's leadership and the fact that he was quite dominant in Australia last time should clearly see him selected if he is fit. He played quite poorly in the Ashes, but he still made a century, and despite the odd repeating problem against Lee and Warne you couldn't really say he was worked out comprehensively. He certainly outperformed Bell.
    He did? Both of them were rubbish, especially by their standards.
    Clearly Vaughan's captaincy is a reason why he'd be selected ahead of Bell, and rightly so, but if anyone seriously reckons his play on his last Ashes tour will make any difference whatsoever they're delusional.
    Vaughan pretty much was worked-out, with the easiest strategy possible - just bowling at the stumps. He's been bowled far too often of late, though not as often as Gibbs.

  12. #12
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by howardj
    Vaughan in Australia in 2002/03 was the best display of batsmanship Ive seen from of any overseas player on these shores. Three centuries; over 500 runs.
    Dravid the following year?
    Not to mention that Vaughan only truly performed once Australia's attack was shorn of first Warne, then McGrath, then Gillespie.
    Yes, he got 177 at Adelaide, but as we all know it owed everything to that catch-that-wasn't from Langer.

  13. #13
    Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    2005
    Posts
    80,401
    Quote Originally Posted by LongHopCassidy
    I'd like to see:

    Atherton
    Brearley
    Broad
    Ramprakash
    Butcher
    Stewart
    Tufnell
    Edmonds
    Ealham
    Kirtley
    Malcolm

    vs.

    Morris
    Barnes
    Bradman
    Hassett
    Harvey
    Miller
    Tallon
    McCool
    Lindwall
    Johnson
    Johnston
    Several deaths might get in the way of your dream...

  14. #14
    School Boy/Girl Captain
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    100

    ...

    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Dravid the following year?
    Not to mention that Vaughan only truly performed once Australia's attack was shorn of first Warne, then McGrath, then Gillespie.
    Yes, he got 177 at Adelaide, but as we all know it owed everything to that catch-that-wasn't from Langer.
    Sorry and how many aggressive 177 innings have you witnessed without any chances going down?

    Also how did Warne, McGrath and Gillespie get shorn of Australias attack?

    Even the greats have admitted he doesn't look a shade of the player he was before and don't even bother to be so petty to ask me who, you know its true.

    I will though if you wanna be so sad

    If you came out and said that then even in Australia you'd get laughed at and pelted with rotten fruit and assisinated by the cricket greats.
    Last edited by Golaxi; 18-04-2006 at 01:25 PM.

  15. #15
    U19 Cricketer Hazza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Greater London (UK)
    Posts
    411
    I'd love to see Bell take part in the Ashes next year but I think that, if Vaughan is avaliable for selection, we should pick the captain over him. Bell is a good batsman and I'm sure he has a bright future ahead of him, but, however inconsistent they both are, surely the more experienced player should be selected, even without the advantage of being a test-standard captain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast


Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •