• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Udal looking forwards

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Pedro Delgado said:
If you mean the "insert link" one it doesn't work on my browser. Well it half works, I can't change the url into "Bell vrs Bangladesh" or whatnot anymore, used to be able too. If I have an inordinately large link I tend to use tinyurl or whatever.
its the same for me, it asks me for teh link then pastes it without asking for the text. You can edit the finished link though

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
superkingdave said:
its the same for me, it asks me for teh link then pastes it without asking for the text. You can edit the finished link though
All you need to do is paste your link in and click on 'OK' - it then posts the link twice - once as part of the {URL} tag and once between the {URL} and {/URL} tags. This second one is highlighted - if you just type something now, you will effectively replace what was originally there and substitute a shortened link.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
All you need to do is paste your link in and click on 'OK' - it then posts the link twice - once as part of the {URL} tag and once between the {URL} and {/URL} tags. This second one is highlighted - if you just type something now, you will effectively replace what was originally there and substitute a shortened link.
yeah i know, thats what i do, but it used to come up with 2 pop up boxes

Pedro Delgado

International Debutant
Rhubarb rhubarb. Yeah it does work thanks eddie. For some reason the two boxes have been replaced by this new highlighted bit.

I am now officially au fait with the system.

Last edited:

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
West Indies v Australia

thanks eddie, it works..

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
Pedro Delgado said:
Rhubarb rhubarb. Yeah it does work thanks eddie. For some reason the two boxes have been replaced by this new highlighted bit.

I am now officially au fait with the system.
:)

Being able to explain simple concepts to a fellow Derbyshireanian in as complicated a manner as possible in words no-one can understand is why I now work as a technical author.

Oh - and well done aussie

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Or, you can type in the words you want to represent the link, highlight those words, click the URL button and then enter in the URL.