Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Udal looking forwards

Eyes not spreadsheets marc71178's Avatar
    No, I preferred to listen to the man himself rather than some spotty teenager who claimed to know more about the man then he did himself.
    marc71178 - President and founding member of AAAS - we don't only appreciate when he does well, but also when he's not quite so good!

Anyone want to join the Society?

Beware the evils of Kit-Kats - they're immoral apparently.

Hall of Fame Member Son Of Coco's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Err, yes.
    That was the point I'm making.
    Tell me, please - how many players have I rubbished on Test debut (or before) that have turned-out to be anything remotely other than poor?
    Pretty much every time I've said someone's been poor they've turned-out that way - usually for a long time.
    I didn't see the debuts of Warne or McGrath, so you don't know what I'd have said about them.
    You rubbish McGrath now, why would it have been any different way back on his debut?
    "What is this what is this who is this guy shouting what is this going on in here?" - CP. (re: psxpro)

R.I.P Craigos, you were a champion bloke. One of the best

R.I.P Fardin 'Bob' Qayyumi

Member of the Church of the Holy Glenn McGrath

"How about you do something contstructive in this forum for once and not fill the forum with ****. You offer nothing." - theegyptian.

PY
    Vaughan doesn't have a poor First-Class average - since being picked for England he's averaged in the 50s.
    Trescothick has only been anything resembling a Test success due to luck.
    Simon Jones is still far from a good Test bowler yet, he's had 1 good series.
    Flintoff, last I looked, has barely played any non-Test First-Class cricket since 2003.
    Jeepers, I hope I have a a run of luck like Trescos lasting the better part of six years....

I can't believe you sometimes mate.
    A True Champion - Bob. Rest in peace. 15/04/06
    "People today have too big a devil and too small a God"

- Stephen Currie

"The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? The Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?" Psalm 27:1

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    No, I preferred to listen to the man himself rather than some spotty teenager who claimed to know more about the man then he did himself.
    Try getting your facts straight before throwing around wild baseless insults.
    Otherwise we're on the familiar "resort to insults when losing" ground.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Son Of Coco
    You rubbish McGrath now, why would it have been any different way back on his debut?
    When on Earth do I do anything of the sort.
    I've talked him down (in the past - and of late, when most have done so too) but I've certainly never rubbished him.
    Reading from people who faced him, he wasn't actually much of a threat early on, though, no.

Quote Originally Posted by PY
    Jeepers, I hope I have a a run of luck like Trescos lasting the better part of six years....

I can't believe you sometimes mate.
    It's, obviously, not been the entire course of 6 years - it returned in The Ashes, having been absent since 2003.
    There's simply no denying that Trescothick in this period was poor, and it's no coincidence that it followed this period where he unquestionably was very lucky.
    Trescothick did bat unexpectedly well in 2004 and 2004\05, but he you'd really be stretching it to suggest that he wasn't once again extremely fortunate in 2005.

International Captain LongHopCassidy's Avatar
    I've talked him down (in the past - and of late, when most have done so too) but I've certainly never rubbished him.
    Poor strokes?
    "The Australian cricket captain is the Prime Minister Australia wishes it had. Steve Waugh is that man, Michael Clarke is not." - Jarrod Kimber

RIP Fardin Qayyumi and Craig Walsh - true icons of CricketWeb.

Yes.
    Point being?

Hall of Fame Member FaaipDeOiad's Avatar
    Reading from people who faced him, he wasn't actually much of a threat early on, though, no.
    Out of curiosity, why is the opinion of batsmen who faced a bowler good enough to say that a bowler was crap, but not good enough to say that a bowler was good? For instance, all those batsmen who claim that McGrath is the best bowler of his age, when you were claiming that he was just lucky?
    I know a place where a royal flush
    Can never beat a pair

Because those who claim McGrath as the best of the era do not agree with Richard's opinion so therefore their opinion is worthless, whereas the others agree with him, so their opinion is obviously correct.

Quote Originally Posted by FaaipDeOiad
    Out of curiosity, why is the opinion of batsmen who faced a bowler good enough to say that a bowler was crap, but not good enough to say that a bowler was good? For instance, all those batsmen who claim that McGrath is the best bowler of his age, when you were claiming that he was just lucky?
    Because batsmen praise bowlers loads - in any case, McGrath isn't a million miles from being the best bowler of his age. There are probably 4 or 5 at best who are better.
    Batsmen don't often put down bowlers unless they were truly average. Especially when they're batsmen who happened to end-up being dismissed more times (19) by that bowler than any batsman has been dismissed by a bowler in history.

Quote Originally Posted by marc71178
    Because those who claim McGrath as the best of the era do not agree with Richard's opinion so therefore their opinion is worthless, whereas the others agree with him, so their opinion is obviously correct.
    Try the other way around, chum...

Because batsmen praise bowlers loads - in any case, McGrath isn't a million miles from being the best bowler of his age. There are probably 4 or 5 at best who are better.
    4 or 5 huh, namely?

Chaminda Vaas, Andre Nel, Craig White, Dominic Cork and who?

Try the other way around, chum...
    Only calling it as I see it.

And it most certainly is not the other way round.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread Information