• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rate This Series

Rate This Series

• 10- As good as 05

Votes: 8 15.7%
  • 9- Nothing will ever be as good as 05, but this will come close

Votes: 7 13.7%
  • 8- Good series, but memories of 05 are too much to overcome

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • 7- Nothing much happens

Votes: 4 7.8%
  • 6- Many players are missing, taking away from the series

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 5- Meh, bring on the world cup!

Votes: 2 3.9%
  • 4- So So

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • 3- I'm not sure why i'm still going this low

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • 2- Anyone even looking here?

Votes: 3 5.9%
  • 1- Remember, 1 is the worst!

Votes: 2 3.9%

• Total voters

open365

International Vice-Captain
Ok, the ashes last year was a fantastic occasion for sport, and i don't think anyone can seriously argue that the next ashes will surpass 05 for public following and standard of cricket.

This means that last years ashes will be the highest you can vote for-10.

In case your still confused, vote for how you think this years ashes will compare to last years in terms of public following, standard of cricket and overall excitement.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
I'll put the 1st vote on 8, but I'm being optimistic.
It could easily be a pretty ordinary series - the-one-after-the-epic sometimes is (see 1974\75).

simmy

International Regular
It will be a good series but partly because the one previously was the best series ever.

I will never forget last summer. Best few months of my life.

DanielFullard

U19 Vice-Captain
It wont stir the same public reaction in the UK as it is not on terrestrial TV is it? As well as the fact it is down under

Last edited:

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
When was an overseas tour last on terrestrial TV?
Anything overseas is never going to stir anywhere near as much reaction as a home one.

Linda

International Vice-Captain
Itll be massive down here, thats for sure. Crickets very commercial at the mo, more so than in England youd think, and theyll hype it up a hellava lot. Probably wont be the series of last year, but theyll pretend it is no doubt.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
i voted for 8, 2006 will be massive but certain things of 2005 will be hard to forget..

archie mac

International Coach
I am registered with CA to make sure I get first crack at the tickets before the BA snatch them all up.

I am trying to convince the boss (she who must be obeyed) to let me follow the whole series around Aust.

I would think I am about 5-1 against at the moment:@

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Your chances are probably better than mine, trying to persuade the missus to up and leave England for about 6 months, going first to Australia then the West Indies. Still, no need to worry about it til I win the lottery.

archie mac

International Coach
GeraintIsMyHero said:
Your chances are probably better than mine, trying to persuade the missus to up and leave England for about 6 months, going first to Australia then the West Indies. Still, no need to worry about it til I win the lottery.
If you do make it look me up, and you can shout me a schooner (pint to you:))

Tomm NCCC

International 12th Man
Call me old fashioned, but im not comparing it to 05 untill i see some games in the ashes. It could be absoloutly *****, it could be the best games of cricket ever witnessed, but way to early to say anything

archie mac

International Coach
Tomm NCCC said:
Call me old fashioned, but im not comparing it to 05 untill i see some games in the ashes. It could be absoloutly *****, it could be the best games of cricket ever witnessed, but way to early to say anything
Fence sitter :p

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
it will be only good if Australia beat england 3-2 on the last day of the sydney test, in the last over.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
GoT_SpIn said:
it will be only good if Australia beat england 3-2 on the last day of the sydney test, in the last over.
With Glenn McGrath hitting the winning six?