Our pitch makes things interesting to begin with. There are bumps and divots everywhere, and any balls pitched anywhere on line with off stump will typically veer violently toward leg, or at your head. Any other ball pitched on a good length will almost roll towards you.
Our very special rules:
1. Hit the lone stump at the bowler's end - 5 runs
2. Any ball which rolls along the ground (quite a common occurance when the overhanging tree gets in the way), the bastman can throw the ball in the air and whack it.
3. Over the fence is out IF the fielder gets the ball before the batsman - leads to rugby games sometimes.
4. Anything that is lying around can be used as a fielder (i.e. balls caught in trees - OUT, balls caught on lawn chairs - OUT, balls in wheelbarrows...you get the idea.)
5. Chucking is permitted, providing the ball is not above waist height. It was the only way I could get my brother out. Sad really.
This final rule would get the RSPCA offside, but:
6. Hit the cat on the full, 10 runs. (And pay any medical bills)
Last edited by Chris Riddell; 15-10-2006 at 01:07 AM.