Played through a couple of seasons in my ICC2005 Australia save.
The date is 28 April 2031. Australia recently beat India in the World Cup final.
Key squad members (Test only)
1. Popplewell: 188M - 19,932 runs @ 67.80
2. Westlake: 95M - 8,532 runs @ 60.08
3. Ripley: 57M - 6,067 runs @ 68.94
4. Herceg: 40M - 3,160 runs @ 58.52
5. Winters: 41M - 3,882 runs @ 57.09
6. Forrest: 100M - 9,051 runs @ 63.74
7. Neate: 10M - 265 runs @ 24.09 - WK
8. Fry - 138M - 3,352 runs @ 23.44 - 900 wickets @ 28.68
9. Quentin - 48M - 854 runs @ 16.42 - 205 wickets @ 28.82
10. Beresford - 34M - 412 runs @ 15.85 - 122 wickets @ 34.75
11. Hull - 8M - 144 runs @ 14.50 - 21 wickets @ 39.76
Birtles: 47M - 3,149 runs @ 56.23
Law: 25M - 2,092 runs @ 52.27
Harrison: 10M - 512 runs @ 39.38
Morris: 30M - 93 wickets @ 32.99
Jacklin: 29M - 92 wickets @ 34.92
Team has struggled since the retirement of several key players.
The batting is fine with 18 players with first class averages above 50.
No all-rounder is destroying my ODI record. No batsmen can bowl 10 overs. *No bowlers are reliable at number seven. The best all-rounder at domestic levels averages mid 20's with the bat and high 40's with the ball. Awaiting a regen.
Wicketkeeping an issue. Several choices average mid 30's in domestic - however all have failed at international level. Neate is only 22 and has the best record.
Bowling remains the big issue. Fry and Quentin do the job; however it's a constant recycling process through the remaining bowlers.
Four or five seasons ago the team had a perfect record being the series holder against all Test nations. Big rebuilding job ahead.