Players to watch out for & Selection Highlights:
- Back in action playing for Afgunistan
- Finally gets selected. He better play over the incredibly dire Xavier Doherty who averages 43 with the ball in T20s and has just 1 wicket in 5 T20I games.
- Finished up on top of the wickets pile in the recent Friends Life T20. Should be a no-brainer for selection but Australia seem to have other plans going by their recent selection against Pakistan.
- Should hopefully be back in good shape, but we'll have to see how he goes in the warm up games first. India are going to need his bowling unless we go with a bowling lineup of Pathan, Ashwin, Harbhajan, Zaheer, Balaji.
- Sussex gun who's just scored two tons in succession in LA cricket. Hope he gets a couple of games.
- Unplayable ****. Pakistan have depended heavily on him in all formats and will continue to do so.
- Shouldn't be playing. Rob Cribb and 567 others like this
- Who the ****? 1 FC wicket in 4 games, but has decent T20 stats. Probably won't make the playing XI anyways. He's also denied Jeets of a spot in the squad, WAG.
- The only new name in a South African squad that pretty much picks itself.
- Probably the most oddest selection in recent times. At just 18, he's untried and untested, yet he's been picked for a World Cup based simply on Jayawardene's impression of him in the nets. Said to possess all sorts of variations according to his Cricinfo profile.
- Excellent limited overs bowler, no reason to suggest he won't do well in Sri Lanka. Tipping him to dominate the bowling charts alongside Ajmal.
- Pretty much the best batsmen in this form of the game. Only Kevin Pietersen and Mike Hussey come close imo.
India, Sri Lanka and Pakistan to dominate imo. WIndies might do better than expected.