Positives for Spain I can see:
1) No Muller for semi; big miss
2) Spain aren't playing at anything like their potential but have done enough to make it so far
3) Conversely, Germany are playing about as well as they can. Only one way to go from there, etc
4) Only time Jerry went behind so far he struggled to formulate a meaningful response.
5) Spain (at least in theory) have the pace & movement to exploit the lack of the same in the German centre-halves
- As featured in The Independent.
"This is not the time for namby-pamby promising youngsters who might just do something; not the time for building for the future. Pragmatism rules and they don't come more pragmatic than Rogers."
- Victor Marks makes the case for stiff-legged and stiff-armed 35 year old left-handers in Ashes squads