• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2018 World Cup Final: France v Croatia

cnerd123

likes this
This guy looks injured but I can't trust footballers anymore. The cynic in me thinks he's hamming it up to eat up the clock.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think it's a fair enough call. If you're going to have your arms out like that then you can't complain if a penalty is given when the ball strikes it.
It’s a well established norm that you don’t give a pen for that, because if you did you’d have too many games decided by random ricochets. Outside the box or if the attacking team does it, it’s a handball. Those are the unwritten rules.

Last edited:

Niall

International Coach
I'd be more annoyed by the free kick given rather than the peno which was a fair enough call. Great match tbf.

Redbacks

International Captain
Not sure why the ref watched the replay so many times if he was going to give a pen for any handball. That was obvious. I think it should have just been a corner. No way to get out of the way, arm was in a natural position to go for the ball. A Croat player behind him anyway.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Best WC I’ve watched, to contribute to earlier decision. Time zone and England ineptitude killed the last one for me (I was in SE Asia for the vast majority)

Undecided on that pen.

Redbacks

International Captain
France might win the World Cup without any influence from a central midfield.

A long bomb from a keeper led to the corner then pen.