• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

SF2: Croatia v England

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Feel sorry for Southgate, very likeable bloke.

Good tournament for England overall. Deserved win for Croatia.

smash84

The Tiger King
England choked when i least expected them to. Well played this tournament.

Have been rooting for France since Germany got kicked out. Would have been an awesome world cup final, England vs France. A final for the ages tbh.

Oh well, well played England and better luck next time.

Burner

International Regular
Neither of these teams are going to challenge France imo. At least England fans can take solace in that.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Modric is giving me pirlo vibes from the 06 World Cup.Surely he has the golden boot locked in?

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Disappointed ay. Ate my way through quite a bit of chocolate rather than touch the alcohol. But well done to England for getting to the semis. And to Mr Southgate . Only hope Croatia beat France in the finals.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Choked my arse.

It was a close game between two closely matched teams, and the team that was better on the night shaded it

Uppercut

Choked my arse.

It was a close game between two closely matched teams, and the team that was better on the night shaded it
Yeah, it didn’t really feel close. It felt like England were dominating and then it felt like Croatia were dominating.

Croatia properly got it together 2nd half. Played some beautiful stuff.

cpr

International Coach
Felt once Croatia equalised we lost it tactically, the gaps between defence and attack just widened. It became easy for Croatia to defend the direct play from deep and gave them ample space to bring the ball upfield. Should've looked to bring Loftus-Cheek on to give us some movement between the lines, neither Ali nor Lingard were doing so, so we just had 4 up top rarely seeing the ball. Least in extra time Maguire started to bring the ball forward into the space instead of sending it direct.

Still though, from a team thats probably just above middling on paper, we've done really well. Certain star players have lived up the billing (Kane), whilst others who'd probably be considered a bit lightweight in previous squads (Maguire, Trippier, Pickford) have absolutely nailed it. Tons of credit to Southgate for that, and it gives hope that we've got a structure and template for improvement going forward for once.

Burgey

Always knew you had a heart.

So gutted.......dunno how I;m supposed to go to work today :(
It’ll be a tough day at work mate, but at least at the end of the day you know that, like your team, you’re coming home.....

Last edited: