• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

3 Lions or World in Motion?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Bit harsh on New Order :ph34r:

But yeah it’s Three Lions. The adaptability of footballs coming home is great too. Great times singing Tranmeres going up to that tune in May.

Actually about to listen to all the songs mentioned in this thread in a little playlist I’ve made for my half hour drive just now
I have spent most of the world cup playing Nessun Dorma, Aztec Gold and Tutti Al Mondo.

Very sad but reliving my childhood.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
3 Lions is miles better. There's a reason it's the only one of the two that ever gets sung on a terrace. World in Motion is a mediocre early-90s dance track that happens to be tangentially related to football.
Very harsh on World in Motion imo. New Order are great, and so is the song. Not really one for the terraces though, I agree.

Also, what do we make of Two Tribes by Frankie Goes to Hollywood. Not exactly a football song, but when it's played over a montage of football stuff it's hard not to enjoy imo.

Burgey

Very harsh on World in Motion imo. New Order are great, and so is the song. Not really one for the terraces though, I agree.

Also, what do we make of Two Tribes by Frankie Goes to Hollywood. Not exactly a football song, but when it's played over a montage of football stuff it's hard not to enjoy imo.

An ATG film.

morgieb

I guess by 'actual band' I mean 'had other songs and were good'
Blasphemy.

On topic, 3 Lions is clearly the better anthem, World In Motion is nowhere near as "football" as 3 Lions. Still like the latter though.

nick-o

State 12th Man
Three Lions all set to be No.1 in the charts for the third time, the first since 1998 -- apparently ending twenty years of hurt.

cnerd123

likes this
It's coming home
It's coming home
It's coming
Football's coming home

It's such a nice song it feels wasted on Football of all sports and England of all nations.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
*****......mate, you've had some real real low points here on CW, but I think you've just bottomed out. GTFO out of our thread.

cnerd123

likes this
*****......mate, you've had some real real low points here on CW, but I think you've just bottomed out. GTFO out of our thread.
Perhaps you'd feel more at home at FooballWeb or English FootballFans?

Anyways, Supporting England at anything is only okay if they're playing Australia, but the Three Lions song is so good its making me question that.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It's coming home
It's coming home
It's coming
Football's coming home

It's such a nice song it feels wasted on Football of all sports and England of all nations.
post reported. No time for this drivel today.