• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Charmed or annoyed?

Howe_zat

Audio File
The BBC has helpfully informed us that we have to make a decision between these states regarding Neymar.

'Indifferent' is not an option, nor is 'Smugly superior in a vaguely imperial way, confident that our hard working boys would never pull this kind of thing, solely by our tougher, less namby-pamby culture and not at all due to having no one this good who people bother to foul in the first place'.

From now on all footballing opinions will come down to 'charmed' or 'annoyed'. Please use adjectives appropriately and stick to the approved terms. Thank you.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
I think he's a c-word too.

However I sort of enjoy feeling I know this supremely talented individual is, at heart, a moist and gapping snatch, so this ironically makes me well disposed to him. So charmed?

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Notable lack of comment on Jordan Henderson's reaction to a tap on the chin last night.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Notable lack of comment on Jordan Henderson's reaction to a tap on the chin last night.
Went down like a sack of crap, didn't he? Clear attempt to get a fellow pro sent off. Albeit one who did headbutt his chest and chin. Not the kind of butt that wins many fights in a Wetherspoons of a Friday, but still a clear red on the football field.

&, one eyed son of Albion that I am, I think we were more sinned against than sinners last night. Colombia lived up/down to every one of my fondly-held dirty, cheating foreigner stereotypes.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
Henderson might've done himself no favours by going down like Neymar, Turning a straight red into a comical bit of playacting may have dissuaded the VAR chap.

Uppercut

Went down like a sack of crap, didn't he? Clear attempt to get a fellow pro sent off. Albeit one who did headbutt his chest and chin. Not the kind of butt that wins many fights in a Wetherspoons of a Friday, but still a clear red on the football field.

&, one eyed son of Albion that I am, I think we were more sinned against than sinners last night. Colombia lived up/down to every one of my fondly-held dirty, cheating foreigner stereotypes.
Yeah Colombia were definitely the dirtier team. I wasn’t sure the headbutt was powerful enough to be called violent, I didn’t think the yellow was a shocker by any means, although he couldn’t have complained about a red either. Layun’s was definitely worse for mine, especially considering it was on Neymar’s injured ankle. Just strange that with Henderson nobody mentioned the reaction and with Neymar nobody mentioned anything but the reaction.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Is a headbutt ever not violent? Not sure such a thing exists personally. Sounds about as plausible as a non-violent punch/stamp/stabbing etc. Such acts by their very nature are inherently violent.

I mean, the one last night was far from the worst I have seen. Probably at the lower end of the violence spectrum so to speak, but still very much on said spectrum for me.

Howe_zat

Audio File
A non violent headbutt is called a snoot boop.

Henderson was merely snoot booped. Would you send a man off for inappropriate snoot boops, is the question.

Last edited:

Indipper

State Regular
Is a headbutt ever not violent? Not sure such a thing exists personally. Sounds about as plausible as a non-violent punch/stamp/stabbing etc. Such acts by their very nature are inherently violent.
Remember when Zidane was treated like the victim after headbutting Materazzi? Cause it's obviously justified to headbutt someone who trashtalks.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah Colombia were definitely the dirtier team. I wasn’t sure the headbutt was powerful enough to be called violent, I didn’t think the yellow was a shocker by any means, although he couldn’t have complained about a red either. Layun’s was definitely worse for mine, especially considering it was on Neymar’s injured ankle. Just strange that with Henderson nobody mentioned the reaction and with Neymar nobody mentioned anything but the reaction.
Yeah this is how I feel about it.

Red cards should be for actual violent conduct, not for something that was more akin to try to muzzle in for a cuddle.

flibbertyjibber

If he had gone down holding his mouth you could understand it but the top of his head? Jonny Bairstow greets his friends with a harder hit than that. Horrenderson is a poof.