• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

QF3: Sweden v England

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I can't see Sweden troubling England's defence too much. England really have a dream draw this time around.

vcs

Sweden are the most boring international team ever. They're just... there. I barely know anything about them or their players, even more so now that they don't have Ibrahimovic. But they're somehow always grinding out a couple of narrow wins and making it to the Round of 16 of most tournaments.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Sweden are the most boring international team ever. They're just... there. I barely know anything about them or their players, even more so now that they don't have Ibrahimovic. But they're somehow always grinding out a couple of narrow wins and making it to the Round of 16 of most tournaments.
Always well organised and tough to beat. No pushover. This will not be an easy game.

vogue

International Vice-Captain
There is a local beer festival on just a couple of miles away from where I live this Thursday-Saturday .. I can see Saturday being somewhat a blur of day. Couldn’t have asked for anything more... sun, beer and an England team going through to a WC semi- final ...:cool::D

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
I've seen a lot of Sweden/England games - we usually drew them in the groups - and they're usually incredibly dull affairs.

Uppercut

Sweden are very Pulisy. On one hand England's players will be used to facing it, but OTOH their set piece defending is pretty bad.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
We beat them in Euro 2012 though
Haha I had completel forgotten this match ever happened. Weird, as it was a good one. Probably the highlight of Andy Carroll's career.

Edit: Just read about this, and turns out this is the only ever time England have beaten Sweden in a competitive match. Law of averages on our side then...

Last edited:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Why are we getting so hyped? Our team is basically Tottenham and they always bottle it anyway.
It's mad isn't it........I don;t know about anyone else but I kept a pretty level head about this whole campaign up until the Columbia game. Now I've lost my **** about it (like I promised myself at the start I wouldn't)........I'm starting to believe, no it's even worse than that, I'm starting to form potential plans in my head for the final if we get there (already told my boss I will be taking time off work should we get therel ffs)

Why do I do this??......40 years I've been watching WC's. I know how this ends but yet I still dare to dream that this could be the time.

Last edited: