• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

QF1: Uruguay vs France

Howe_zat

Audio File
Beeb

France & Uruguay have played each other 5 times since 1985 with a total goals tally of 1. They also met in the 2013 Final of the World u-20 Cup - obviously it finished 0-0.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If Cavani is out, hard to see France not winning tbh.
Dunno. They've still got Suarez and when the defence is that good they might only need one goal. France aren't half as good going forward as Argentina made them look.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Fine goal though.
And a fine save by Lloris.

I'm enjoying it actually. But I can see this getting really naughty.

Uppercut

Varane isn't getting enough credit for that run+header, both were absolutely perfect. 95% of the time that delivery is headed away and Griezmann gets criticised for "not beating the first man".

Uppercut

Good save by Lloris there, but not as good as the commentators are making out.
I thought it was pretty good. More so the positioning than the dive. The goal was a fairly similar situation and Muslera got nowhere near it.

Uppercut

i've been posting about football for two weeks and even I can tell this post is your thing
Haha, yeah it totally is.

It's weird because you only need to have played 10 minutes of football to realise that heading the ball is really, really hard. But for someone reason everyone forgets it when they're just watching.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
As someone who knows how awful it feels when you do that in park football, I can't imagine what it feels like in front of the entire world.