• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Round of 16 thread

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Always a bit sad to reach this stage as the bulk of the games are in the past but here’s where the serious stuff starts.

Cbf to post the fixtures so a mod can edit as they please but we needed a thread

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The tournament will probably start getting a bit boring at this point. Will miss the 4 games a day.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
4 games a day was way too much. I understand it needs to be that way but I can't do anything but highlights with that much content. Much prefer this phase of the tournament.

Or at least I would if I still had a team to care about :(

morgieb

4 games a day was way too much. I understand it needs to be that way but I can't do anything but highlights with that much content. Much prefer this phase of the tournament.

Or at least I would if I still had a team to care about :(
The timezone is also completely killer for Aus. Haven't been able to watch any of the games because I've had to go to sleep (though part of that is also because I've been feeling under the weather)

vogue

International Vice-Captain
Glad it’s at this stage now, likely watch more games and the added advantage of still having a team to follow. Just need a break in the weather really to force me inside..

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The first day of the tournament with no matches is always a sad day indeed. Plenty of good stuff stil to come obviously, but it's definitely the point where that "something good is coming to an end" feeling begins to loom.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
I always find myself getting into big tournaments regardless of the sport, most often for geeking out about table permutations. The bit where table nerdery is no longer relevant definitely feels like something missing.

There's an aspect of that to the play. Unless you're really invested in one of the teams, knockout matches are usually far less dramatic as there are fewer things for teams to aim for.

flibbertyjibber

Some absolute crackers to come in the last 16. A couple of matches that would look good as semis if they had happened to start us off tomorrow. Been a good tournament so far, one of the best in a while despite VAR.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Looking forward to it. 15 knock out games ! Don't share the sadness expressed by GIMH and sledger.

S.Kennedy

International Vice-Captain
World Cups do possess something during their group stages that they lose during the knockouts, the daily abundance of matches alongside the inclusion of smaller countries/lopsided fixtures being foremost. I think the competition comes closest to a ''festival of football'' idea during its group stages.