• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Least Favourite World Cup Player

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Pepe and Ramos bound to be popular choices but I have a really strong irrational hatred of Jordan Henderson.

OverratedSanity

Pepe has immense comedic value imo. Ramos wins this by a street.

Although there's something about Thomas Mueller's face that makes me irrationally despise him.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Pepe and Ramos bound to be popular choices but I have a really strong irrational hatred of Jordan Henderson.
It's probably down to Henderson's uncanny resemblance to Gary Barlow.

I dunno; I'm well past hating Suarez nowadays, and the current bunch of Germans seem pretty inoffensive.

Maybe Neymar.

vcs

Pepe absolutely. Should never have been allowed onto a football field again after this.

Uppercut

My hate for Pepe is tempered by the fact that he was an incredibly underrated footballer. Already we're hearing commentators say that Ronaldo "single-handedly led" Portugal to Euro 2016, but at the time all the talk was that his 3 goals against Hungary and Wales made for a disappointing tournament. Pepe was far more important.

Ramos is probably overrated if anything, though the number of important goals he's scored is pretty absurd. Hard to think of a scummier CB pairing.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
It's probably down to Henderson's uncanny resemblance to Gary Barlow.

I dunno; I'm well past hating Suarez nowadays, and the current bunch of Germans seem pretty inoffensive.

Maybe Neymar.
Dunno. Cheating racist scumbag cannibal and all that.

From a parochial point of view Sterling's running into blind alleys, conceding possession and missing of open goals doesn't endear him to me.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Neymar's not overrated. He's probably a better player than Ronaldo now. I can see why some people dislike him though.

Uppercut

I think he's very underrated. He sort of brought that on himself by going to play for PSG, so he can't really complain. But he's still a far better footballer than most people think. And incredible to watch, easily the best dribbler in the world.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Spain actually have a nice spine of dislikeability running through their XI with Ramos, Busquets and Costa.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pepe has immense comedic value imo. Ramos wins this by a street.

Although there's something about Thomas Mueller's face that makes me irrationally despise him.
Nah Pepe has no comedic value at all imo, just a thug.

Definitely AWTA re Mueller.

I also have an irrational dislike for Cavani. The best I can put it down to is commentators talking up how good he is, but I've never seen a game where he's played well (that obviously comes with the rather big caveat that I've only watched him play more than about 5-10 times)

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Nah Pepe has no comedic value at all imo, just a thug.

Definitely AWTA re Mueller.

I also have an irrational dislike for Cavani. The best I can put it down to is commentators talking up how good he is, but I've never seen a game where he's played well (that obviously comes with the rather big caveat that I've only watched him play more than about 5-10 times)
that should be "no more than".

Have also decided i don't like Vida for Croatia, mostly because his hair is terrible.

cpr

International Coach
Costa scoring such a scummy goal against Iran jumps him up a notch.

Neymar constantly whinging doesn't endear him. It's the world cup, you're Brazils star man, expect to be kicked mate. (now he's having a moan the refs had the gall to award a free kick against him)