• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who to root for?

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
What are the good stories? As someone whose team who had to beat the powerhouse of Trinidad and Tobago and couldn't, I don't have a "home" team to root for. I'll be honest, I just realized the WC was about to start about 30 minutes ago, so I don't know any of the storylines.

And no, I won't be rooting for Russia....

BoyBrumby

Englishman
What are the good stories? As someone whose team who had to beat the powerhouse of Trinidad and Tobago and couldn't, I don't have a "home" team to root for. I'll be honest, I just realized the WC was about to start about 30 minutes ago, so I don't know any of the storylines.

And no, I won't be rooting for Russia....
Panama? The US bankrolled Noriega for decades, so there's a connection for you.

Birthplace of George Headley too.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Brazil always fun to follow. Country's economy is in dire straits while the national team seeks world cup redemption. The promise of Jesus partnering Neymar. It's somewhat all there.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Brazil are the favourites. Supporting them would be lame af.

For good stories it's a clear choice between Peru and Iceland.

OverratedSanity

Rooting for Iceland. Among the sort of realistically probable winners, I'd like it if Argentina won.

Spain winning after this fiasco would be pretty funny too.

vcs

Wait for the tournament to start and pick the underdog-ish team that plays the most attractive football (e.g. Czech Republic in Euro 2004, Russia in Euro 2008, Colombia in WC 2014 etc.).