• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who to root for?

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Haha oh yeah, the original gag was made by German characters, Not sure how I forget that. Oh well, Belgium is still sometimes called the land of chocolate as well.

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
the gf said she'll be supporting Iran and I was like wtf thats random

today I came across this

:ranting::ranting:

Teja.

Global Moderator
No Arjen Robben/Netherlands means I have no team to root for.

Haven't watched football since the last WC and want to throw some money on a team with odds between 10 and 30 purely for the sweat. Also shouldn't have an attritional playing style.

What is the best value out of:

Argentina - 10/1
Belgium - 10/1
England - 16/1
Portugal - 25/1
Uruguay - 25/1

Thanks.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Eh. Bet on something like Iceland making it to the quarters imo.
As i've said, not really looking to max out value. just want to root for a team to win the WC that is not one of the favourites but has an outside chance, for the sweat.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Just reading up on icelands road to qualification - I think they've got to be the team for sure. It works out as their games are scheduled on days/times where I'll actually be able to watch them.

nick-o

State 12th Man
Given how racist the hosts are, the feel-good story would be Senegal or Nigeria going a long way this time.

Daemon

They should come out as gay after beating Russia (and leaving the country). Would be so good.

Burgey

***** bitterly disappointed that all 17 of the countries he usually supports didn't make it.

cnerd123

likes this
I don't support countries. I support teams. Sports and politics don't mix for me. I'm not a rampant nationalist.

Wouldn't expect an Australian to understand that tbf

Burgey

That explains your profound disappointment at the LA galaxy not qualifying.

Uppercut

Just reading up on icelands road to qualification - I think they've got to be the team for sure. It works out as their games are scheduled on days/times where I'll actually be able to watch them.
Yeah good choice. Great fan culture with the Viking scene and the thunderclap. Plus they’re the smallest country ever to qualify and got good by building top-class pitches in every school in the country.

Daemon

Yeah good choice. Great fan culture with the Viking scene and the thunderclap. Plus they’re the smallest country ever to qualify and got good by building top-class pitches in every school in the country.
A country that calls their high schools 'Gymnasia' is bound to do well in sports eventually

Burgey

The whole world will be supporting Australia tonight. A bastion of skill, sportsmanship and athletic prowess such as Australia making its way to the second round is i the entire globe’s best interests.