• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official Commentary Complaints Thread***

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I take it he's one of the SBS "experts"?? So glad I don't have to listen to him.

What's he saying.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
I take it he's one of the SBS "experts"?? So glad I don't have to listen to him.

What's he saying.
Basically that the Neymar pen shouldn't have been overturned because tiny bits of contact not being penalised causes players to dive.

You mean dive like Neymar did Craig?

The guy gets paid for this...

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah the Aussie "experts" on SBS are dire. Basheer and Moore doing comms for Australian games is ****, especially cos the international ones are generally decent.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah the Aussie "experts" on SBS are dire. Basheer and Moore doing comms for Australian games is ****, especially cos the international ones are generally decent.
Yeah Simon Hill must have shagged someone's missus to be overlooked for Basheer.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
Think it might be because Hill's contracted to Fox these days, so SBS are left with the dregs.
Hmmm I'm sure I've heard Basheer doing A League games. You're probably right but I'm going to stick with my more salacious theory.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Too many references to 'brave' Costa Rica for my liking. Although thankfully I've not heard anyone refer to them as 'plucky' yet.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
"Swinging an arm" is a bit of a stretch, isn't it? He raised it with his back to the Tunisian chap and matey ran into it, with predictable amateur dramatics ensuing.

It must look a smidge controversial in retrospect, what with Kane being twice wrestled to the floor with no penalty for either.
That Tunisia were allowed to get away with WWE moves on Kane doesn't change the fact that theirs was a clear cut penalty.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah that's absolutely pathetic.

Commentary is a great example of how 'old boys club' attitudes cause standards to slip. The fact that I don't remember being actively annoyed by Alex Scott already puts her in the top 25%.
I've been impressed by the female pundits in the little I've seen of them because (sadly) they obviously feel the need to prove that they're not just a token bird on the panel in a case of PC Gone Mad™ and actually do research and know what they're talking about.

Burgey

Craig Foster is terrible. Always has been. Worst "expert" ever. Makes Channel Nine cricket commentators all seem like Richie Benaud.

Burgey

Also, the SBS host here, Lucy Zelic, has been subjected to online trolling and abuse because - get this - she pronounces the names of the players correctly. She and Foster (risible as he is, he's spot on with this point) did a piece to camera about it last night which is very good.

Also, imho Lucy Zelic is hot AF.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
She is still very attractive, there's just something about the eyebrows that weird me out.

I'm mostly watching the Optus coverage on Fetch. Schwarzer is imho hot AF.

Burgey

Possibly, but she's go the look of a swarthy Communist bloc spy who approaches you in a bar offering favours in exchange for classified intel.

vcs

Among female commentators, Alex Scott is insanely attractive. Good pundit also.