• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group H - Poland, Senegal, Colombia, Japan

James

Cricket Web Owner
19 June 2018
15:00 MSK (UTC+3)
Colombia
Japan
Mordovia Arena, Saransk

19 June 2018
18:00 MSK (UTC+3)
Poland
Senegal
Otkritie Arena, Moscow

24 June 2018
20:00 YEKT (UTC+5)
Japan
Senegal
Central Stadium, Yekaterinburg

24 June 2018
21:00 MSK (UTC+3)
Poland
Colombia
Kazan Arena, Kazan

28 June 2018
17:00 MSK (UTC+3)
Japan
Poland
Volgograd Arena, Volgograd

28 June 2018
18:00 SAMT (UTC+4)
Senegal
Colombia
Cosmos Arena, Samara

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Glad to seem Senegal in the WC. Diao's goal in 2002 against Denmark is probably my favourite WC goal ever.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The finish was a total scuff though :P

Great move all the same ofc.

Shame he turned out to be mostly pretty crap.

Uppercut

Nah it’s a great finish, classic one on one technique where the low back lift gives the keeper no chance, Owen and Solskjaer scored loads of them.

Unusually tasteful opinion from Burgey.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
this groups seems weak to my unknowledgeable eye so I looked up the rankings
Poland - 8
Colombia - 16
Senegal - 27
Japan - 61

Those must be unusually high rankings for Poland, Colombia and Senegal so it still seems like a weak group. But possibly a fun group.

Japan are bad now huh, I guess it's not 2002 any more.

Spark

Global Moderator
this groups seems weak to my unknowledgeable eye so I looked up the rankings
Poland - 8
Colombia - 16
Senegal - 27
Japan - 61

Those must be unusually high rankings for Poland, Colombia and Senegal so it still seems like a weak group. But possibly a fun group.

Japan are bad now huh, I guess it's not 2002 any more.
Colombia made the QFs last time and really should have made the semis with competent refereeing

Uppercut

Colombia made the QFs last time and really should have made the semis with competent refereeing
They weren't too convincing in qualifying though. Good side but comfortably the worst top seed after Russia.

Senegal feel a bit underhyped, very retro African-underdogs look about them. Lots of physicality and a genuinely world-class player in Mané.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Colombia going to have a hard time recovering from that. How intentional do we think that handball was?

Uppercut

Colombia going to have a hard time recovering from that. How intentional do we think that handball was?
I think his hand was there before the ball was struck, so he's a bit unlucky that the ball went there. But it's clearly deliberate enough for a penalty and if he gives the penalty he has to give the red.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
I think his hand was there before the ball was struck, so he's a bit unlucky that the ball went there. But it's clearly deliberate enough for a penalty and if he gives the penalty he has to give the red.
Cheers, I wasn't sure about that bit and whether a yellow plus penalty was an option.