• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group G - Belgium, Panama, Tunisia, England

James

Cricket Web Owner
18 June 2018
18:00 MSK (UTC+3)
Belgium
Panama
Fisht Olympic Stadium, Sochi

18 June 2018
21:00 MSK (UTC+3)
Tunisia
England
Volgograd Arena, Volgograd

23 June 2018
15:00 MSK (UTC+3)
Belgium
Tunisia
Otkritie Arena, Moscow

24 June 2018
15:00 MSK (UTC+3)
England
Panama
Nizhny Novgorod Stadium, Nizhny Novgorod

28 June 2018
20:00 KALT (UTC+2)
England
Belgium
Kaliningrad Stadium, Kaliningrad

28 June 2018
21:00 MSK (UTC+3)
Panama
Tunisia
Mordovia Arena, Saransk

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Still on the biggest football high ever, wish this thing wasn’t happening just now tbh.

Should get through that group though

Niall

International Coach
Still on the biggest football high ever, wish this thing wasn’t happening just now tbh.

Should get through that group though
Dreading everyone saying "Belgium are darkhorses" because they know a lot of there players.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Any talent in the Belgium squad is negated by the clown in charge.

That said, you could say the same about England.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
England squad looks devoid of creativity in midfield. So they'll rely on Kane and Ali I assume.

Uppercut

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Any talent in the Belgium squad is negated by the clown in charge.

That said, you could say the same about England.
Martinez was mediocre in the Premiership but he's a good manager by international standards. International management standards are seriously low these days. Even Southgate might be above-average.

Wilmots was one of the worst managers around so losing him is a huge boost regardless of who they get in instead. I think they have a decent chance of going all the way.

flibbertyjibber

England squad looks devoid of creativity in midfield. So they'll rely on Kane and Ali I assume.
Looks devoid of any talent all over bar those two and Alli is still more hype than anything else. Worst squad we have had in 20+ years and we are lucky the group is so weak as we should manage to get out of it but not much further.

Uppercut

Looks devoid of any talent all over bar those two and Alli is still more hype than anything else. Worst squad we have had in 20+ years and we are lucky the group is so weak as we should manage to get out of it but not much further.
Sterling's better than Alli surely. Big drop off after those three though.

Uppercut

I think England generally have massive psychological issues resulting from a news media and fanbase that brutally turn on them every time they lose a game. Don't think Sterling is any more affected by it than anyone else, though obviously they're especially brutal towards him. I'd be more concerned about Kane, the drop off from his club form to his international form is as big as I've ever seen from anyone.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I'd take this squad over those taken to the previous two World Cups tbh. None of the old duffers and Rooney hanging around dragging everything down these days, which has been a huge problem for so so long.

Tangles

Looks like another squad that will struggle for goals but get out of the group only to go behind in a knockout game from a defensive error and then proceed to look clueless at breaking down a team.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Looks like another squad that will struggle for goals but get out of the group only to go behind in a knockout game from a defensive error and then proceed to look clueless at breaking down a team.
Do you actually watch football?

I have to ask, because I'm yet to see a post of yours that isn't either trite, a cliche, a platitude, or innacurate.

Tangles

Do you actually watch football?

I have to ask, because I'm yet to see a post of yours that isn't either trite, a cliche, a platitude, or innacurate.
Right. Obviously I don't take posting here as seriously as you do.

I'd be happy to see England do well for Jones and Rashford but it looks like the usual WC campaign right now.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Flibberty has already cost us the first Test - could he be excluded from this subbie please mods?