• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group F - Germany, Mexico, Sweden, South Korea

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Yeah Khedira is their worst midfielder, any of Gundogan Rudy or Goretzka would be better. Starting Draxler was pretty terrible too.

Their individual quality isn’t what it was. Lots of over-the-hill and out-of-form players in the squad. Their two properly in-form players are Reus and Sane and neither got picked, one was left home. Then they had the worst structure of any team bar Saudi Arabia. Doesn’t look good for Lowe.
His major fault in 2016 was staying too loyal to several of his old stalwarts and he's not showing any signs of changing that.

He's also notoriously crap at organising a defence.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
He gets far more of the ball and the contact on the player is more so part of the same movement. Gets given 1-2% of the time, maybe 20% outside the box. I reckon France get their one about half the time, possibly more without VAR because most refs won't see the contact on the ball.
Fair enough. Looked at it again, the Swedish. Like also looked like he was already on his way down as contact was made as he lunged for the ball.

Uppercut

His major fault in 2016 was staying too loyal to several of his old stalwarts and he's not showing any signs of changing that.
Yeah I was getting at this when I said of Sane's omission

Reminds me a little of Casillas playing instead of De Gea last time.
Their 'B' team absolutely crushed Mexico in the Confederations Cup. That's when you know you have selection issues.

Cow

Banned
Mexico were fantastic. Pace on the break they played with is what England should be looking to do.

Daemon

Korea didn't deserve to win or even draw. They're lucky half of them didn't get red carded.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Don't wanna tempt fate, but Jerry does look a bit two bob just now.

Sweden should have had a pen too. Why not use the ****ing technology?!

cpr

International Coach
Ah man that should’ve been 2.

If we can lose the Germans and possibly the Argies early, this will be one hell of a WC

MW1304

Cricketer Of The Year
This has been fascinating. Sweden looked shaky early on but they've tactically nailed it since.