• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group D - Argentina, Iceland, Croatia, Nigeria

Niall

International Coach
Think they can still get through the group, but shut the event down if this shower of ****e gets to the quarter finals.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
It might even matter, it could still pretty easily go down to goal difference. This is a total meltdown.
Yeah indeed. Have to doubt it will end up coming down to that though. They were manky before their heads dropped, but their morale looks absolutely shot now. Reckon they're done.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I missed all the games this week due to work apart from the England game which I watched as live when I got home. I may watch the highlights tonight to see the Argies sink like the Belgrano.

Uppercut

Yeah indeed. Have to doubt it will end up coming down to that though. They were manky before their heads dropped, but their morale looks absolutely shot now. Reckon they're done.
They couldn’t possibly look any more done, but the result combinations that see them through are so plausible.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Hopefully Nigeria will still have something to play for in the final game. If so it could be a real hoot.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Pleased to have tipped Croatia for that :cool:. Heh at Argentina's goalkeeper.

South and Central American sides not scoring goals this tournament - that's just 6 goals now from 8 teams across 11 matches and never more than one per game. Am sure Brazil and Mexico will break the drought soon though the others just waste every chance they get.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Otamendi was rather fortunate to only get a yellow for his frustration kick. I'm assuming the VAR can only intervene if the on-field ref's haven't already made a ruling?

vcs

A bit sad for Argentina, who I've always had a soft spot for, but fully deserved. They were dreadful and Croatia punished them.

OverratedSanity

Not at all surprised they lost. They've looked completely disjointed. The way they didn't even try to defend for the third goal made it clear they've thrown in the towel.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Pleased to have tipped Croatia for that :cool:. Heh at Argentina's goalkeeper.

South and Central American sides not scoring goals this tournament - that's just 6 goals now from 8 teams across 11 matches and never more than one per game. Am sure Brazil and Mexico will break the drought soon though the others just waste every chance they get.
Because the Central American sides that qualify tend to be gash.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Musa's first touch for the opener was just unworldly.

Bergkampesque and there's no higher praise. Doubt we'll see better technique this tournament.

Great second half, but a good result for yer Argies, sadly.